cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Stock in IM, WM Stock in Quality

tawnim_stroud
Explorer
0 Kudos

I read through past emails on similar issues, but am still not sure how to resolve this issue. I am relativly new to WM.

We have five materials where the stock in IM is zero. For each of the five materials ,we have a positve in quality inspection and a negative in unrestricted in WM. The sum of the positive and negative equals zero. My first thought is that we need to post a usage decision to move the quality inspection stock to unrestricted and the problem is resolved. There are no inspection lots for any of the materials. I do not know how to create an inspection lot if there is no stock in IM/

Is this what we need to do? And if so, is this what note 83594 is used for? Or is there an easier way to fix this problem?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me tell you the WM QM set up I did.

1.You can post GR with QM active & create inspection lot .System creates TR & send material in 917 with inspection lot number as dynamic bin.

2.When you take usage decision system clear quality stock & post in unrestricted in IM & creates PCN in WM.

3.This PCN is processed through LU04 into TO.

4.By confirming TO system puts stock in bin.

Please check qith QM guy if u can create inspection lot. Also see if you post 321 then system creates PCN for that movement.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like extra work for nothing to change status to offset neg. when the IM shows no stock why bother, just clear both offsetting amounts

end/

best of luck to you what ever path you choose to follow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello t.moires,

Incase, TO is not created for PCN then...

-Go to LU04 transaction, give your wharehouse number and execute the transaction.

-You will get open posting change list for TO creation,

-Create TO for all of them and confirm that TOs.

Incase TO is created for PCN, then go to LT23 to display open TOs, list out all Open TOs and confirm that.

Regards,

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not simply move the pos. Q status to the same dynamic bin that the unrestricted (the neg.) was taken from and clear both pos/neg. with LI21?

The material document posted will clear both so the end result will be a complete clearing becuse the IM is correct already.

not authorized to clear "Q" status material?

Please mark thread as answered when you have an answer

Edited by: Arakish on Mar 30, 2010 12:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check whether you have outstanding posting change , Transfer Order , Transfer requirement .

Complete all these if any outstanding .This should clear your postive and negative counts.

Thanks

Jinoy