cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript form print as PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a way to setup a printer that we can print sapscript form into a PDF file?

We don't want to go over the spool request and use RSTXPDFT4.

I have already setup a printer with device type PDF1, Host Spool Access Method F:Printing on Frontend Computer and Host Printer __Default. But for some reasons it doesn't work. We are running SAP Enterprise 470.

Any help?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> is there a way to setup a printer that we can print sapscript form into a PDF file?

Do you want to generate a PDF file, or just print the form? In the latter case, I don't see why you need a PDF as it should print the same with SAPscript format.

> I have already setup a printer with device type PDF1 [..] But for some reasons it doesn't work.

What are the symptoms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to generate a PDF file.

Whenever I select the newly created PDF printer, it still prints it out on the regular printer in a wrong format. But I don't want to be printed out on paper, I just need a PDF file on the PC.

Thanks

Anne

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must choose a FILE printer. See these notes:

• [Note 576973 - Creating a file printer on a Windows PC|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/576973]: steps to add a Windows (if it's Vista, see note 1164132) printer of type Generic/Text only, and to create an output device in SAP to print to this printer. It does not explain that we may just change the port of an existing printer.

• [Note 1164132 - Front-end printing on Windows printer with FILE port|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1164132]: note 576973 applied to Windows XP and before, but it doesn't work anymore on Windows VISTA because the dialog box to enter the file name is no more displayed. A change in SAPGUI 7.10 was made (and it works only with access method G) to display a SAP dialog box to enter file name.