cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config External Catalog for SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My requirement is to add external catalog link to SRM 7.0. I am new to this requirement. what are steps that i need to perform in order to have external catalog available in SC screen you are help will be highly appreciated..

Now i am able to see the external catalog link in the SC add Item, but when i click the link, i am getting an error page

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

The website is under maintenance.

The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I have maintained the following information in SPRO - Define External Web Services.

parameter name parameter value type

https://vendorlink url

uesr_id userid Fixed Value

password password Fixed Value

operation_type create Fixed Value

hook_url Return URL

~OkCode ADDI Fixed Value

~target _top Fixed Value

~caller CTLG Fixed Value

The Same information is also maintained in SRM 5.0 which is working fine. Why the same URL is not working in SRM 7.0?

am I missing something? Please help me

John.

Edited by: John peter on Mar 29, 2010 10:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it auto logon problem to external catalog or OCI return problem from external catalog ?

If it is auto logon problem, please test the URL string directly in browser.

https://vendorlink?uesr_id=userid&password=password&operation_type=create

If it is OCI return problem from external catalog,

add following parameter.

returntarget=_parent

remove following parameters. These are for old ITS transaction.

~OkCode ADDI

~target _top

~caller CTLG

If returntartget=_parent does not work, that means external catalog does not handle returntarget parameter and does not support OCI 4.0.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1287412

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your help. Now i am able to logon into external catalog and able to select the items , But the item that i selected is not getting transfer to SC after selecting the items and click to transfer. Can you please help me for this issue.

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

What happens when you check out? What error are you seeing?

Do you see another SRM window open up? Do you have any HTTP monitoring tools? You can check the data that is being posted back from the supplier catalog through it. If you have it, please post it.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes - SRMUSER123 , I just noticed that when i click add cart button of the selected item, a new window open and if i keep continue then due to new window opened the new sc number is created and the item is not getting transfer. I have maintained the catalog parameters as MASA suggested.

How can check any HTTP monitoring tools active or not?

How can find data posted from Catalog to SRM?

Please help me for this issue..

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Normally a new window opens up if the Catalog site is not posting to the target specified in "returntarget" parameter.

In other words, when you leave the catalog site and the data is transferred to SRM, it should have in the HTML form "target=" parameter that has value from the "returntarget" parameter that was sent from SRM.

Does it work fine in SRM 5.0?

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for your input. I am still facing same issue after changing the parameter value from 'returntarget=' to 'target=' . for your information, i maintained type as 'Fixed Value' for parameter name ''target=' , is this correct?. can you please give me what and how to mainatained the parameter name and parameter value.

Does it work fine in SRM 5.0 ? yes - perfectly..

John..

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Sorry, you do not need to make the change in call structure. It is the punch-out catalog site that needs to ensure they are posting to correct target. (Please refer to the OSS note 1287412)

Also refer to this thread

Please try the following. Suppliers can transfer data one of two ways. From the Webpage directly or from their server. Both ways work. If the supplier is sending data directly from browser, you can check the following. If not, you will need a tool that monitors HTTP traffic or ask the vendor to send you the HTTP response they are sending.

Just before clicking the button to Checkout or Transfer from catalog to SRM, can you do view source and see if there are any strings with "NEW_ITEM"? If so, please look for "<FORM" tag in HTML and see what is in that tag. This tag should have SRM URL and ACTION parameter.

SG

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Mar 30, 2010 6:45 PM

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Mar 31, 2010 2:31 PM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your issue is exactly same as mentioned in the note. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1287412

SRM pass the parameter returntarget=_parent and supplier side catalog should post the data like

<form action="<Hook URL sent by SRM>" target="_parent" method="POST">

But your supplier catalog does not support OCI 4.0 and does not handle the returntarget parameter. Probably supplier catalog has hard code value like

<form action="<Hook URL sent by SRM>" target="_top" method="POST">

If target does not exist, new window is created like your case.

You should ask your supplier to support OCI 4.0 and handle the returntarget parameter.

If it takes long time to fix in supplier side, SAP has workaround solution.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1264879

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1405908

Again this is just workaround and Supplier side should fix the issue.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (0)