cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Macro Logic for calculating Future Week's Supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

We are trying to create a macro that will calculate a Future Week's Supply (key figure #1) based on the actual number of forward weeksu2019 Final Point of Sales Forecast (Key figure #2) represented by the Customer Ending Inventory (key figure #3). We have not been able to come up with a macro that can handle this, nor have we been able to replicate this Excel. My first thought would be to handle this through a user exit macro, but perhaps there is a better suggestion?

Thx.

RS

Edited by: Paul Sager on Mar 29, 2010 7:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rumi,

from your current requirement, from what i understand that you need to calculate forward cover in DP planning book.

if that is the case, you can take a reference from 2 macros in the standard snp planning book, namely the stock balance macro and the days's supply.

logic is to calculate the total demand, (in your case POS forecast) and total receipt, and you may use the standard function cover_calc(Row, Area, etc)

You may refer to the above 2 macros for greater details.

let me know if this helps, else can you elaborate on the requirement.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Yes, I have tried to copy the Day's Supply formula from SNP and use it in DP but I have not been succesful. My formula is as follows:

-

Macro: Weeks Supply - Calc. Future

ROW: Weeks Supply - Calc. Future =

COVER_CALC(

ROW: FINAL POS Forecast (Customer Beginning Inventory (Frm 03/29/2010 )

AREA [Customer Beginning Inventory (03/29/2010 ; Customer Beginning Inventory (03/19/2012]

Area (Auxiliary) [ Workdays (03/29/2010 ; Workdays (03/29/2012) ]

Macro: Determine Workday

Row (Auxiliary: Workdays (03/29/2010)

BUCKET_DAYS (

Row: Final POS Forecast

)

-

At this point there is nothing being calcualted for the Weeks Supply - Calc. Future key figure.

Regards,

RS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Could you please elaborate more on your requirements , Are you reffering to calculation of future weeks supply i,e number of weeks of future demand covered by the projected available stock in each bucket.

Regards

Gaurav