Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to File scenerio

former_member196023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created one RFC to file scenerio, but I am not able to get the file at destination

1. created one program in R/3 to execute the RFC which is in R/3 only.

2. created RFC Destination in R/3

3. same is maintained in Sender Communication channel

I've tested the configuration in ID, it is execting successfully without any error.

so I m expecting that when i execute the program in R/3 it should generate file... but it is not getting anyting.

pl let me know the possible cause... or direct me where should I look at for finding the problem.

-Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haresh,

What is the error that you are getting?

Check below points:

1. RFC destination communication test. Does it run successfully? Is it created for a Registered Program ID?

2. Executing FM as call function ' xyz' in background task destination 'createdRFC'

3. Do you see any message appearing in MONI. If not then check for Comm Channel monitoring in RWB.

4. Does the Business Service have Sytem number details as per SLD.

5. Sender agreement and channel without '*' for party.

Revert if it doesnt work still.

Regards,

Ankesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check few basic but important things at R3 side as well.

1. Is your RFC Remote-enabled?

2. Have you imported the updated RFC from R3 into XI repository?

3. Have you used Commit work in your ABAP program?

4. Check if your code looks like as mentioned below..

CALL FUNCTION 'Your RFC name here'
  IN BACKGROUND TASK
  DESTINATION 'RFC Destination name of  type T'
  TABLES

COMMIT WORK.

you can refer this wiki... https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RFCtoFILE

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haresh,

Follow the following:

1. You should have the Program_ID field in your communication channel with same value as the Program_ID in the TCP/IP RFC destination created by SM59. The test connection at the RFC destination should be successful if the channel is activated.

2. If the above is successful, and if configurations are correct, then you can execute the scenario and check if you can see the message in SXMB_MONI. If it is there, then check at which step it is failing and try to resolve the issue.

3. If it is not there in SXMB_MONI, check the Adapter Engine Communication Channel Monitoring for RFC Sender Channel for any errors. If it doesnot reach the channel also and you cannot display it then the RFC could be a problem. Check its attributes.

Best Regards,

Pratik

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

chk whatever mentioned in the above posts...also chk the program id mentioned in RFC dest..it shud b same as the one mentioned in sender RFC channell..

to be doubly sure also chk sm58 tcode..of SAP after u run the report on SAP

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the connection between SAP and XI succesful or not,when you trigger a program in SAP ,RFC reaching XI or not??if it is succesfull,then check in XI side.

hav you find any messages in SXMB_MONI,and check the inbound payload, if no mesaages in MONI means the SAP and XI connection not succesfull.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiresh,

Please check the below and let me know if you see any errors?

1. Go to Comm channel monitoring and check the sender adapter for any errors.

2. If no errors in Step 1, then check SXI_MONITOR for any errors

3. If not errors in step 1 and 2, then go to comm channel monitoring and check Receiver file adapter for any errors.

If you see any errors in the above steps, pls post so that we could help.

Regards,

GP

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked SXMB_MONI? Are you seeing the messages?

~raj.