cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated mail function for sales order acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a requirement for automated functionality for sending mail to the sold to customers when the order is first saved.

We already have a customer program to convert into PDF and mail directly.

But this is to automatically send the mail to sold to customer. I think for acknowledgement we have already a existing outputtype.

I understand that we need to maintain the mail address over the customer master of the sold to.

Apart from this, is there that we need to maintain to have this automated functionality of sending mails.

I had tested with existing Z otuput type by changing the transmission medium to 5 and entering my own email id where it prompts to enter mail id. But it wont send any mails.

Just wondering if we have any determined steps that i can follow.

thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Order acknowlegement output BA00 or your copy of this one is capable of using medium 5 to send SMTP mail to an external address ( even PDFs can be attached is your want). When you trigger the medium 5 output, did the output get process successfully and you get a green light in your output screen? If not, have a look to see if a communication strategy is assigned. If yes, your configuration is OK. What is missing is mostly likely that Basis have not set up SAPCONNECT to send SMTP mail externally for you.

Frank

Answers (0)