cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin Http in SM04 is still alive after closing ITS webgui

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my webdynrpo for ABAP application, I double click on a Purchase Order number.  The application then launches the SAP transaction ME23N to display the purchase order. The application launches the transaction by executing an ITS webgui URL imbedded in a webdynpro iFrame. The URL is as follows.

https:///sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/z_call_transaction?sap-language=EN

However, after closing the ITS webgui, the Plugin Http in SM04 is still alive. If you have encountered similar problem and have a solution, please kindly advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in your case , it sounds a little more diff , could you tell me exactly again , u have a WDA app , on a link you call ME23N thro ITS link and after closing the ITS link , the session is still active ?? Since the WDA app is still not closed , the session will obviously be active.

This doesnt look like a webgui link , its a WDA link.

Now if we close the browser running the WDA app , I think SAP handles the on unload event of the frame and it closes the session on the back end (something which we need to do manually in BSP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

Thanks for your respond.

The Webdynpro application launches a SAP webgui session (through the URL below) to execute the ME23N transaction.

https://<hostname>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/z_call_transaction?sap-language=EN

In SAP, the launch of the SAP webgui session creates a Plugin Http in SM04.

However, after exiting from the SAP webgui session and the Webdynpro application, the Plugin Http in SM04 is still alive.

Bac Quan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>However, after exiting from the SAP webgui session and the Webdynpro application, the Plugin Http in SM04 is still alive.

That must be because you are running the WebGui session from within a Web Dynpro application. Are you using the iFrame in WDA to host the WebGUI? This is one of the documented limitations of the iFrame is that there is no session management of the inner content.

The SAP Supported scenario for integration between WebGUI and Web Dynpro is to use the NetWeaver Portal or NWBC. You either have separate iViews within one Portal Page or you use Portal Navigation APIs to navigate between the two iViews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I created the two iViews, one for the Web Dynrpo and the other for the WebGUI. Both are assigned to an appropriate user role.

The Web Dynrpo calls the method NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE to navigate to the WebGUI. But after exiting from the WebGUI session, the web page does not return to the Web Dynpro.

data lo_portal_manager type ref to if_wd_portal_integration.

call method lo_portal_manager->navigate_absolute

exporting

navigation_target = u2018ROLES://portal_content/role/page_in_role/webGUI_iView_in_roleu2019

navigation_mode = ..

business_parameters = ..

u2026

I will appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks

Bac