cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Scheduling with SM36

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a new job wih SM36. Now I need to schedule it, here is the problem : this job must be executed everyday (easy) every 15 minutes (easy) BUT from 24h to 19h. This is this last restriction I don't achieve to set.

Firstly, is this possible ?

If yes, how to ?

We don't want to use our IBM scheduler (TWS) for this.

Thanks for any help

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible in sap Job management unless you wanted to do individual schedule and drop the unwanted jobs as said by some one in the forum.

I suggest you to pursue the option with the external scheduler to achieve what you have described.

You can also take a look at CPS in solman to see of you have the option in there.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Kindly be clear of what you r asking about.

I can understand some but it is not @ 24h to 19h.

What you are supposed to ask and let me know in simple way.

With Regrds,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

it simply means that the job must run dayly between midnight and 19 o clock, every 15 minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly follow the below steps and this might help you.

1) Go to SM36.

2) give the desired job name.

3) select the job class.

4) And select the inputs according to your requirements i.e Ext Server and Spool server.

5)select the Step tab.

6)provide the either of the inputs avialable with in 3.

7go to Start Condection.

😎 Here select the date and time (or) immediate according to your requirement and select eh period job check box(IMP)

9) If it is Immediate select period values/ other period/ give 15minutes in the minutes box.

10)check and save do it until you get back to the original screen finally save the job and you will get a message that the job has been resleased.

11) if you select the button Data/Time/ give the date and time and select the period job(IMP) and follow the same steps as above.

12) you will get the job frequency as 15 minutes and you can check the status as daily monitoring.

Chk whether there are conserned avialable background wp.

Kindly let me know if there is any problem.

With Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Venkat,

but the method you provided just allow the execution of the script every 15 minutes all day long. What I want is the execution of the script every 15 minutes but only between midnight and 19 O'clock.

Thanks for your help

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the help.sap.com link which I copied?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I red in the link you posted, there is no other way for doing this but to write a program myself ...

so bad...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Take help from your ABAP Team if you don't want to use other job scheduling applications.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well not sure if this way it is possible.

But I have an idea {bad one you can say }

Use below steps

1. Schedule your job to run daily every 15 minutes, as usual (EASY), using a user specific for this job (I mean step user)

2. At 19 hours schedule a job to lock this batch user. So above job will fail after this time

3. At 24 hours schedule a job to unlock this batch user. So job will then run fine.

Not sure if you like it. Something bad but. Let us know if you get proper solution.

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done by scheduling individual jobs for every one hour to run at 15 mins frequency. I believe, no other option through SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An other way is to schedule the job every 15 mn and to add a small specific abap program as a first step.

This program will interrupt the job if it runs outside its authorised time schedule.

Not very prestty but it couls work without defining a lot of daily jobs...

Regards,

Olivier