Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor QM

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am looking for a way to enter quality certification dates into the vendor master record without integration to the QM module.

There are QM system and date fields in the control tab of the vendor master record but can not be maintained at an individual

company code level. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help, regards Carlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u check the possibility of using purchase info record (ME11).

You have the option of maintaining the certificate option there.

Actually it is used to maintain material ceritifcate details. you can create a separate certifcation type and update the certification details.

hoep this helps

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply, with these settings you are suggesting does the system give you any info. when creating the P.O.'S

Thanks again Carlo

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain the purpose of this requirement. What sort of controls you want to establish by entering this certification data in system?

Anand Rao

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi the requirement is to have some kind of check against outdated certification i.e. Vendors having ISO 9001 certification are OK to use until the validity date expires, but the requirement is to not go to material level.

Ideally would be to have some kind of message generated when using a vedor number with an outdated certificate.

Hope that's clear, again thaks for any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carlo,

Your requirement can be well mapped at Quality Info record ( QI01) and at Material master level, this is nothing but the approval of quality for vendor, material and plant combination.

1) Assign the target QM system at material master view of QM.

2) Go to QI01 >> Insp control tab >> assign existing QM sys and its validity date. Here if you define certain date say 31.03.2010, then system will not allow to generate PO against that vendor on account of quality system not correct.

Please check and revert if any doubt.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well, as you don't want any control at material code level, I doubt if this is possible in SAP.

Info records are material based. Considering these constraints just a though has fondled into my mind for this requirement. Try this if feasible.

1. Maintain this date in vendor master itself as quoted by you in control tab.(XK01)

2. If you want PO creation or inwarding to be stopped after this date, incorporate user exits for ME21N and MIGO (101) movement.

3. The logic should be written there as, if system date exceeds the date mentioned in vendor master stop above transactions.

4. You may require ABAP help to address this issue.

In spite this I think you would have better control if you go based on material code base. You might be aware that transaction codes are available by means of which you can have mass maintenance for several vendor-materials together.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to all your replies I now have a clearer understanding and way forward. Again thnaks Carlo