cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSISTENCY CHECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plese explain the term "Forecast Profile Consistency Check" and "Live CAche Time sEries Check".

Thanks,

Guru Charan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Live cache consistency check is done to mitigate any inconsistency between data base and live cache. sekect repair when u run cons check.

In case if there is any inconsistency in attributes/characterstics/key figure, system might throw error saying to check consistency of forcast profile. please check the attributes and everything which is connected to forecast profile and run cons check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

W.r.to the live cache time series check, you said the consistency of Db and live CAche memory. Actually, in DP, everything is stored in live CAche. HOw then the data is associated with database? Please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru Charan,

in DP, everything is stored in live CAche

With my pitifully short memory, I can't say that I recall ever seeing an SAP document that states that everything in DP is stored in LC. I would be grateful if you could point this document out to me so that I can further expand my meager knowledge of DP.

The timeseries consistancy check seems to select data from livecache and then compares it with data from tables

/SAPAPO/TSVERSIO and

/SAPAPO/TSPAPLO

There may be other comparisons as well, but I am not an ABAPer, and therefore not competent to analyze further.

Rgds,

DB49

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.

William Butler Yeats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That statement is not necessarily true.

You can store your KF data in a Livecache and also in infocubes.

Apart from KF there are also these CVCs. All CVCs are always stored in infocubes (APO Cubes) in a star schema. Then the relationship between the CVCs in the Infocube and the KF data stored in LC is arrived at by the use of S ids.

Now, let us assume there is a CVC for Product P1 and Location L1. This is has a s id of 1. In the livecache you have a KF Sales order. The data for Product P1 and Location L1 is stored in LC with the reference sid of 1.

so

S id Sales data

1 10000

Now it will pickup the S id from the LC and look up against Infocube and pick up the P1 and L1 values and display it.

If P1 L1 is now deleted, it is deleted from the infocube, however sometimes it is not deleted from the LC, in such cases an inconsistency occurs. This is called 'Livecache Anchor' error.

Here LC is LC and the Database is nothing but your infocubes where the CVCs are stored. The Time series consistency check helps in weeding out such inconsistencies.

Hope it was helpful.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

It was really helpful. But one small clarification. By S id, do you mean, "Selection ID"?

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Here S-id does not refer to selection ids. It is a table key in the star schema tables used within the infocubes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Answers (0)