cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 to web service scenerio, issue wth web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

mine is an Idoc to web service scenerio. I am a bit confused abou a couple of settings . The web service wsdl has a save and a response scenerio. Initially I hav just created the save scenerio. idoc is getting triggered properly and reachin XI but in moni this is the status. I can see the soap adapter CALL fAiled. I dont understand what is the error

I hav made the Messege interface as : Inbound and synchronous

Adapter as :SOAP and REceiver.

This is teh error taht I am getting at teh acknowledgement

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>BS_Idoc2Mail_am</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to convert the sender service BS_Idoc2Mail_am to an ALE logical system</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I cant make ou where am i going wrong. The Web team says everything is OK from their end

If u need any further info please let me know.

I agree i hav not done the mapping to capture the response messege from the web,,, but at least the webservice should successfully get teh data

Regards,

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnab,

If I understand your scenario correctly, it is IDOC >PI>SOAP scenario with the web service on the receiver side being SYNCHRONOUS.

You need a BPM here and also you should know what you want to do with the response back from the webservice.

You cannot make it work in any other way by defining the interfaces as SYNCH as the IDOC adapter only supports ASYNCH.

The other solution is to modify the web service on the receiver side so that you can send an ASYNCH request to web service.

Thanks and Regards,

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

did you provide a logical system name for the business system in the SLD? IDoc communication is based on logical system names, while XI/PI communication is based on business systems and business services.

If your sender (IDoc sending system) is set up as a business service in Integration Directory that won't work. You have to set it up in SLD as a business system and provide the logical system name there.

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven, settings from R3 to XI is perfect . I understand , ur query is very valid, but this business system is already having an idoc to file scenerio working fine.

Now I hav even simplified the situation more

I hav made the Messege interface as inbound and asynchronous. so as to JUST send the data to webservice . Still I am getting this messege

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>BS_Idoc2Mail_am</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to convert the sender service BS_Idoc2Mail_am to an ALE logical system</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arnab,

Do you want to send the response back from web service to the ECC system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj ,,

u got it ... well the user wants it ,, so in that case , u might say that it is not possible in cas eof an Idoc ,,, right ,,, in that case we might have to make it a RFC to Webservice scenerio???

But still then ,, even though I dont do the necessary mapping for the response ,,, will it hamper teh successful data updation in the webservice.

I tried the scenerio of testing in ID, and it worked well. I dont understand why it is failing whn i am tryin in real life!!

Regards

Arnab