Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM - Enter a valid Enterprise Role Management Information File format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running ((5.3 SP10))

We have hit a snag when trying to mass upload roles from my back-end systems.

I have created a system landscape using a DEV and PROD environment. I went to transaction /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES, and downloaded the files.

I have manipulated the file and added the following values to the upload file:

Role Name [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [ Mandatory ]; Business Process Name [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [ Mandatory ]; Subprocess Name [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [ Mandatory ]; Project/Release Name [ Alphanumeric(100) ] [ Mandatory ]

Converted it back to a .txt in (UTF-8) encoding, but still getting this error -

What am I missing ??

Please help !!

Thanks, Melvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

When you run program /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES in the backend systems, it creates 3 files: Bulk download file, Enterprise Role Management Information file, and Primary Org. Level File. I have found that when the u201CEnterprise Role Management Information Fileu201D is downloaded from this job, it is missing one of the headings. If you use the frontend arrow and download this file, it has an additional heading called u201CSet Role Methodology? [ Alphanumeric(50) ]u201D. I have found that this is the actual file that needs to be used.

I put in an OSS message and SAP says it will be fixed with SP12.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Two weeks ago, I have trying to load roles in ERM. The result hasn´t been than expected. I use SAP GRC AC (5.3). I need to load 6375 single roles, but only I have loaded 914 single role. Next I described to you a general context of my situation:

1. I divided the file VIRSA_RE_DNLDROLES.txt into 16 files (UTF - 😎 with single roles per module (AM, PO, PS, GL, SD...)

2. Each file contains segmented roles associated to a business process and multiples sub - business process.

3. When I checked roles in ERM, I notice that just load any roles. Not all roles in template was loaded.

4. Files size varies between 18 kb y 145 kb.

5. Files concerned "Mass Role Import" have the following extensions: Bulk Download File* (.txt), Enterprise Role Management Information File (.xls) and Primary Org. Level File (.xls).

6. A error generated was "Unknown error occurred while performing operation (No space left on device (errno:28))."

Honestly, I don´t know the reason for not loading all roles from template. Any suggestions? or ideas?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem. Is there any solution to solve the problem?

Regards,

Bjoern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Button,

Can you post the ERM log when you are getting this error during upload.

Thanks,

Sirish.