Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI - JDBC Adapter on event

MaurizioAG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to implement an interface JDBC to Idoc with SAP PI 7.11. I know that it is possible to setup a JDBC Adapater for polling a certain query for reading records. My requirement is different because I need to start the reading process from the database with an event.

For example with an Oracle Database, when the records are writen in the border table how I can trigger the JDBC Adapter on PI side to read the data (without using the polling)? I'm thinking something about calling a Web Services from Oracle to PI at every write on DB and activate the JDBC Adapater after this call.

Thank

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as i know ,it is not possible。if you find some method to achive it ,please tell me how u implement, i think it is very valuable.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

You could try to use the async-sync bridge in the adapter framework.

You use a sender SOAP EO channel, the async-sync bridge at the sender, the receiver JDBC BE channel, and another whatever your final EO receiver (JDBC, JMS, SOAP, Proxy, ...).

A call to the SOAP sender will invoke the JDBC receiver's read operation and its response will be forwarded to the final receiver.

There is a blog about how to use the bridge module with the JMS adapter ([async-sync-brige|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/20d1dec20a0732e10000000a155369/frameset.htm])

In a typical use case, you want to correlate the original request message with the final message within PI and in the application domain (using some correlation ID). This correlation thing only works automatically with the JMS adapter because you can directly use the JMS correlation ID for this purpose. In your case, however, you don't need to correlate the two messages, so you don't need to use the JMS adapter (if you want, you could) and you can also skip the correlation part all together.

Best regards, Yza