cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM Release Notes & Upgrade Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to SAP PLM and would like to know the history of SAP PLM, e.g. its release notes from the R/3 days till Business Suite. Where can I get the information regarding that? I have heard that SAP PLM 7.0 is part of SAP ERP EhP 4 while 7.1 EhP 5. Is that true?

My company is currently running on an ECC 6.0 system. There is a plan to leverage on the change management of the new PLM 7.01. Which EhP should we use and is it possible to solely use the change management functionality of the newer PLM without affecting the other parts?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

more detailed information with regards to Enhancement Package 5 ( PLM 7.01) can only be made broadly publicly available once we start with ramp-up in July.

If you are specifically interested the new engineering change capabilities, you can get directly in touch with me.

Business functions are always documented in the Help Portal.

For Enhancement Package 4, you can see the PLM business functions here:

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/38/a04b588f4c47fbafbee0e585a37dec/frameset.htm]

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf! I really appreciate your help. I will stay in contact with you if I need further information regarding the new engineering change capabilities.

Full points awarded 😃

Kind regards,

Joon Meng

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the capabilities in PLM 7.0 (part of SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4) are not harming any already existing functionality, just extending respectively web-enable the WinGUI functionality. This is true across the board.

With PLM 7.01 (part of SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 5), a new Engineering Change Record is planned, based on SAP Records Management, which extends the existing Engineering Change Management capabilities with a more flexible way of handling engineering change request/order processing. It ties nicely into existing Change Masters and ECR/ECO.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for your insightful reply. Do you know where can I get more information regarding the Enhancement Package 5? Because I have found nothing concerning the PLM 7.01 (or PLM 7.1???).

And how do I identify the business function for the new enhanced Engineering Change Management?

Thanks.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any update on this issue?

Let me clarify my question again. I would like to ask if it is possible only to use the Engineering Change Management of SAP PLM 7.0 (delivered with ERP 6.0 EhP4) while the other functionalities of the previous version of PLM stay intact?

Thanks.

Regards,

Joon Meng