cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate button for CVC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Once the data from an excel gets loaded into APO-POS, we have to click the Generate button. May I know the significance of that?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurucharan,

The above sentence means that the history data like sales orders, goods issue etc would be loaded to BW in Info cubes which then would be loaded to APO BW cubes. Later on CVC would be generated based on the history data from the Infocube. There is an option of generating CVC from the infocube also. here it is reffered to same. you can schedule the background job to generate the cvc from the history infocube.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurucharan,

The Generate button is for generating CVCs in the MPOS from the list of entries you have loaded. As you upload the excel file, only the enteries are created under the defined info objects sequence. Later on pressing the generate button will check the format of the info object values and then generate the CVCs in the MPOS.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have specified:List of entries. They are nothing by CVCs, right? I keep the data of CVCs in the excel file and then upload the same. Again, what does it mean when we say 'Generate CVC'?

Actually, it is better if you mke me understand this sentence:

"The Order data will be brought from SAP P20 to BW and then to Statisti-cal Tool.The Characteristic Value Combination in Statistical Tool will be generated based on BW order history."