Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGeSAP on SAP Portal : Support package and Kernel maintenance

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently installed our SAP Enterptise Portal (EP7.0) on High Availability using SGESap cluster capabilities.

Basically ,the sgesap/scs and sgesap/dbinstance have been hosted on node A, the sgesap/ers has been hosted on node B

We are now planning to maintain our SAP Portal :

• Implementing Sap netweaver Support Package EHP1 stack 05

• Updating the SAP netweaver kernel

Only the production portal has been installed using SGeSAP cluster capabilites.

It means that some issues related to the cluster may still be undected until we start the SAP maintenance operation.

I have reviewed the "Managing Serviceguard Extension for SAP Version B.05.00" document, but I couldn't find a procedure descrybing how to maintain(support packages/kernel) the SAP server.

Could you help me please ?

Have you already perfromed that kind of operation on a SGESAP clusterized EP Portal ?

Do we have to switch off the HA capablities before the operation ? How do we do that ?

After the support packages andkernel have been applied to we have to perfrom a manual failover in order to check if the cluster is still operational ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.... You have to switch off automatic cluster switchover capabilities before applying patches for java stack.

You can do that by using the below command

cmmodpkg -d <pkg name>

You have to perform all the test cases after the patch and kernel upgrade.

Revert if any doubts.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer.

Do you know why is there a risk of jeopardizing the failover mechanism only by applying support packages and kernel ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You apply java sps and kernel using JSPM. JSPM restarts the java engine. When the java engine restarts the cluster gets switched over and your central instance will not come up when the jspm wants to start it.

So you have to switch off the automatic switchover capabilities of SGeSAP.

Cheers....,

Raghu

Answers (0)