cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading ECN from R3 to cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to upload a Change Master from R3 to cfolders using transaction CFE02

I entered the Change Number , copied objects to respective folder and executed . For material , it is throwing the following error

{Invalid value 'HARW' has been entered for attribute 'Type' in namespace ''. Ask your system administrator to add value 'HARW' to the list of values allowed for this attribute}

Message no. CFX_BI_RI_MSG1302

Any sugegstiosn why this happens?

Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

1. Is WebDAV facility mandatory for export of BOM, Material from Back end to cFolders? We have not done any webDAV settigns till now, as I can see from ur response and config guide for cfolders, it says the file mat_Attributes.xml all relates to WebDAV..

WebDAV setup is necessary, especially in your case where you need to extend the existing data of the material.

2. Also can u specify why web DAV is required apart from these?.. I am not quite clear on WebDAV

There is various reasons, e.g. also for connecting to cFolders as if it was a shared drive, without the browser, but just the file explorer.

3. Also as per the below link from help.sap, the export of BOM , ECN , material all are supported in CFE02 ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/23/72dd85c96e934087c1032c7e824818/content.htm

Already answered in separate mail - ECN export via CFE02 is not supported.

Aby, I suggest we do a 1:1 session in which I give you an introduction to some of the key capabilities of cFolders.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for the prompt response as always.. Sure we will have a discussion.. I am closing this thread as of now..

Regards,

Aby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

see my answers below! Edited since somehow my XML example is not displayed - without success. Please send an e-mail.

Regards, Ulf.

I was trying to upload a Change Master from R3 to cfolders using transaction CFE02

Answer: This is not a supported functionality. ECNs can not be exported through CFE02, but only published with the cFolders API CFX_S_API_WRITE. This was done explicitely not to hardwire Engineering Change Collaboration into SAP ERP backends only, but to be open to publish ECR/ECO from any type of "backend" tool.

I entered the Change Number , copied objects to respective folder and executed . For material , it is throwing the following error

{Invalid value 'HARW' has been entered for attribute 'Type' in namespace ''. Ask your system administrator to add value 'HARW' to the list of values allowed for this attribute}

Message no. CFX_BI_RI_MSG1302

Any sugegstiosn why this happens?

Answer: Your material type is not available in cFolders in the definition of the material. You need to extend the material attributes XML on the cFolders WebDAV directory, folder Attributes, file mat_Attributes.xml. This is also described in the cFolders configuration guide. If you have other customer-specific attributes that are to be exported, you may face similar issues as well.

In essence, you need a new HARW entry here in the XML element "Type", labeled CFX_UI/MATERIAL_TYPE:

<Attribute EntryRequired="true" ID="Type" Namespace="" ReadOnly="true">

<Label Alias="CFX_UI/MATERIAL_TYPE" Default="" />

<AllowedValues>

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/KANBAN_CONTAINERS" ID="CONT" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/COUPONS" ID="COUP" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/SERVICES" ID="DIEN" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/SPARE_PARTS" ID="ERSA" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/FINISHED_PRODUCTS" ID="FERT" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/BEVERAGES" ID="FGTR" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PROD_RESOURCES_TOOLS" ID="FHMI" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/FOODS_EXCL_PERISHABLES" ID="FOOD" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PERISHABLES" ID="FRIP" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/SEMIFINISHED_PRODUCTS" ID="HALB" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/TRADING_GOODS" ID="HAWA" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/MANUFACTOR_PARTS" ID="HERS" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/OPERATING_SUPPLIES" ID="HIBE" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/MAINTENANCE_ASSEMBLIES" ID="IBAU" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/INTRAMATERIAL" ID="INTR" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/CONFIGURABLE_MATERIAL" ID="KMAT" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/EMPTIES" ID="LEER" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/RETURNABLE_PACKAGING" ID="LEIH" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/EMPTIES_RETAIL" ID="LGUT" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/APPAREL_SEASONAL" ID="MODE" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/NON_STOCK_MATERIALS" ID="NLAG" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/NONFOODS" ID="NOF1" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PIPELINE_MATERIALS" ID="PIPE" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PROCESS_MATERIALS" ID="PROC" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PRODUCT_GROUPS" ID="PROD" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/RAW_MATERIALS" ID="ROH" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/NONVALUATED_MATERIALS" ID="UNBW" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PACKAGING" ID="VERP" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/ADDITIONALS" ID="VKHM" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/FULL_PRODUCTS" ID="VOLL" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/PRODUCT_CATALOGS" ID="WERB" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/VALUE_ONLY_MATERIAL" ID="WERT" />

<AllowedValue Alias="CFX_UI/COMPETITIOR_PRODUCTS" ID="WETT" />

</AllowedValues>

</Attribute>

e.g.

<AllowedValue Default="<Your material type text>" ID="HARW" />

Regards

Aby

Edited by: Ulf Petzel on Mar 29, 2010 9:52 PM

Edited by: Ulf Petzel on Mar 29, 2010 9:54 PM

Edited by: Ulf Petzel on Mar 29, 2010 9:56 PM

Edited by: Ulf Petzel on Mar 29, 2010 9:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for the reply.. I am looking at the options you suggested.. Would get back to you if any issue arises..

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for the reply.. I am looking at the options you suggested.. Would get back to you if any issue arises..

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

I have few more queries on this..

Is WebDAV facility mandatory for export of BOM, Material from Back end to cFolders? We have not done any webDAV settigns till now, as I can see from ur response and config guide for cfolders, it says the file mat_Attributes.xml all relates to WebDAV..

Also can u specify why web DAV is required apart from these?.. I am not quite clear on WebDAV

Also as per the below link from help.sap, the export of BOM , ECN , material all are supported in CFE02 ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/23/72dd85c96e934087c1032c7e824818/content.htm

Regards,

Aby

Edited by: Aby Thomas on Mar 31, 2010 11:55 AM