cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportional Factors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a very peculiar error while calculating proportional Factors. I am trying to calculate fixed proportions.

once I execute the transaction, log shows a value for each CVC but when I step into the planning book and check for the proportion value, there the value is completely different from what I see in the log. I have my selection defined at the lowest level only.

For example for a CVC, log shows value of 4.125 on the other hand for that same CVC planning book shows 2.235.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might happen ?

Regards,

Manas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Yeah I am pretty sure that I am looking at the right level (Lowest level). I even made a selection which consists of all the characteristics which are shown in the Log against a proportional factor value but still value is the same.

What's even more interesting is that for some CVC's value in planning book is more than what is there in Log and for some other it is less. for ex. in log, value of prop factor for CVC1, 2 is 1.2 & 1.8 respectively while in planning book it is 1.3 & 1.6 which is confusing me even more as that rules out the theory that may be values are seen at some disaggregated or aggregated level in planning book.

Regards,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

From your problem description, it does appear a strange behavior.

I hope you have used the necessary selection profile in the proportional factors calculation transaction variant.

If parallel processing is used then , we need to take care that the selections are not having common product-locations. If these are, then results will be unexpected.

You can load the selection in the interactive demand planning ( the same selection profile id , which you have used in the proportion factors calculation variant ) and check the sum of the proportional factors summation as 1.

This will give indication that at the highest aggregation level the summation is correct.

Then you may start going to detailed levels of aggregation( part of the selection) to check if proportional factors looks okay( though we may not now know what should be exact figure for each selection .

I used to check part of the selection on location basis, to see if totals at these levels are making sense and then going to further detailed levels.

I hope this will help.

Regards

Datta Kadam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Yes I am storing the Proportional factors in "APODPDANT" only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas,

This is certainly peculiar.

Are you sure you are looking at right level of detail?

What is the hierarcy maintained?

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which KF are you storing the Prop Ref? Is it APODPDANT or have you created a KF yourself?

Thanks

Mani