cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have a problem when we work with two orders with the same WBS element. The scenario is the following:

- We want to create a new order (repair process), so we call TX IW31. In "Addit Data" tab we complete the fields: "WBS element" and "Project Definition".

- While we are editing that order, another user wants to modify any of the orders that are below that Project-WBS element, but it is imposible. The reason is that all of the orders that are pending bellow that Projetct-WBS element in the hierarchy (displayed in TX CJ20N) are locked, so they cannot be edited. Even its imposible to create another new order refearing the same Projet/WBS element.

We'd like that two diferent users could be able to create two diferent orders refearing the same Projetct-WBS element at the same time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the system status of the WBSE and the order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order has: CRTD MANC NTUP

The WBSE has: REL NTUP SETC

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the order and WBSE are not locked...It could be authorization problem for that user, who wants to edit the order...Check with your BASIS consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that it is not an authorization problem, because the user can create/modify orders when no one is modifing another order with the same WBSE at this moment.

The message that we get is "List of Orders That Cannot be Locked" and all orders are listed there.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you said the order is locked...but the message says "list of orders the cannot be locked"....I dont understand it, please give some more detail...Even you can check it in PM forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we create one order (repair order), it references an other order (network order, that is below the WBSE in the hierarchy).

Then, when we try to create another repair order, that references to the same network order, the message indicates that the network order cannot be locked... because it has already been locked by the creation of the first repair order.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the system status of that network. If it has LKD, then you can unlock the network. But, I am not sure why a network is getting locked when you create a PM order.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there seems to be a custom process setting status LKD or an equivalent user status

when another PM order is linked to the network first this status must be unset and the order assigned then set again

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carla, you should consider Virendra's suggestion on user status also..Please check for the user status also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The networks has zero user status and the following system status:

ACAS Activity account assignment

MANC Mat.availability not checked

NMAT No material components

PCNF Partially confirmed

PRC Pre-costed

REL Released

I have discovered in TX CJ20N that in addition to the network lock, the reservation and the sales order for the network are also locked.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the network is locked, it would have a system status LKD, I think you are mentioning something as locked. Could you brief how did you find sales order and reservations are also locked...which tcode you used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I go to transaction Iw31 and start to create an order, refering to 6023187 network.

At the same time, I go to transaction CJ20N and open the projet refered in the order. The networks displayed in the tree are shown in light gray instead of black. And I get the information message: "Not all objects were locked (see lock log)". So, I go to menu "Extras/Logs/Locked objets". It says:

- Sales order 44474 for network 6023159 is being processed by ...<my user>

- Sales order 44474 for network 6023182 is being processed by ... <my user>

- Network 6023187 is already being processed by ... <my user>

- Reservation 0001932582 is already being processed by ... <my user>

- Sales order 44474 for network 6023187 is being processed by ... <my user>

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, it happens...if you try to edit the object which is already in use by other use, You wont be able to edit that.....find the user who is doing it and ask him to exit the transaction ones he completes his job...I hope the sales order is assigned to network and that is why accessing of sales order blocks the edit of network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is my own user the one who is locking the objects...

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah even i had similar issues...It is related to BASIS....tell this to your BASIS consultant he will do the needful...I think it is due to log database overflow, but not sure....

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using assmebly processing, if so then if you are in sales order OR project the network is locked

sometimes you get out of project but the sales order is still open locking the network

Answers (0)