cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid field update in APO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Situation : SAP ECC 6.0 with APO 7.0 and CIF is in place.

When updating a field in MRP 2 view (e.g. lot size) the corresponding field in APO product master is updated.

My question is : is there a way (IMG or u2026) to avoid this kind of update in APO via CIF ?

Regards,

Saeid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Check enhancement APOCF005 / Function Module :EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001in APO.This is for Inbound processign of products from R3 . I think there should be some restriction to restrict the field you do not wish to transfer.

Regards

BVN

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a userexit inbound APO system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saeid,

You can put a filter criterion in the APO CIF user exit and exclude from the updating based on any paramter e.g. if planning procedure is PP etc.

However is there any specific business requirement for updating in R3 and does not want to be updated in APO ? Generally both should be in sync.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thx for reply.

A business case is that for some plants the safety stock is updated via DP in APO product master. In this case it is not desired to update this field from R/3 system via CIF. The user exit is already in use in our system but i wonder if it is possible to achieve without any coding and just by adjusting the customizing settings ?

Regards,

Saeid

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saied

As Gaurav has mentioned you have to add logic in the CIF user exit to avoid updates. And the answer to your other question is , no configuration setting can be used to achieve the process of avoiding the updates . We also had the same problem and we ended up adding custom logic in the user exit to turn off updates to certain fields

Thanks

Aparna