cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack going on for hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have met all the prequisites for HR 30.SAP_ABA,SAP_BASIS,PI_BASIS & SAP_BW completed..We have been trying to import SAPKE60030 & SAPKE60031 in our ECC 6.0 system..Tried so many times in foreground as well as in background but it is going on & on for hours..our spam level is 37 & Kernel is 700..Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved..Space problem.

Edited by: Sachin Pal on Apr 12, 2010 8:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that tp process exists at operating system level.

To check that the import is progressing, you can monitor the

usr/sap/trans/log and usr/sap/trans/tmp folder.

If they are being continously updated then the import is still progress

ings and you must wait for a return code. You can also check the

SLOG to see what step it is currently processing.

You need to check the latest alog, ulog and slog.

Another cause of failure during import can be the use of out of date transport tools. Please ensure you are using the latest tp and R3trans available for your release from the service marketplace.

What step is SPAM showing the import is at?

Check the SLOG to see if it is filling with entries of:

warning file ...... is already in use, waiting 30 seconds

if its the SAPKK<package name>.<sid> file then this is a text file that can be opened and will contain the number of the tp process that created this semaphore file. If this process does not exist at o/s level but the SAPKK... file still remains in user/sap/trnas/tmp then it will prevent the import from continuing and the SLOG will just show repeated entries of warning .. is in use.

If you find that the SAPKK file does contain a process id that is longer alive on operating system level, you need to stop the import through spam. Rename the SAPKK file to OLD_SAPKK.. before repating the import through SPAM. A new SAPKK... file will be created when the import is started again which will contain the process id of the current tp process that is currently working at operating system level. Then hte slog messages should no longer appear and the import should proceed.

Please update with the latest entries in the logs and the import phase is issues persist and the above does not match your situation.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Check the SLOG file, i doubt the import might hanged due to some warnings/errors in the tp log file. if yes take actions accordingly.

Also verify if R3trans and tp are active at OS level ? if yes then check whether the patch log file is increasing in the ...trans/tmp directory ?

Best Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

How to verify if R3trans and tp are active at OS level ??OS HP-UNIX.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

command ps will like the active processes, so try:

ps -ef | grep tp

ps -ef | grep R3trans

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan I am very new to HP-UNIX so asking you a very silly question I am not able to figure out whether it is active?

I have run ps -ef command & got the following result:

em1adm 11256 6549 0 03:39:36 pts/2 0:00 grep R3trans

em1adm 10757 6549 0 03:38:33 pts/2 0:00 grep tp

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is only returning the details of the grep command you executed meaning that nor tp or R3trans is currently active on your box

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan..So how to make tp & R3trans active??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to run an import like a transport or a support package... tp and R3trans are programs belonging to your kernel.

Anyhow.... Is the SP still running in SPAM?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan Support pack was still running so I stopped it..Now I am not able to import 30 patch of SAP_HR.I have checked the space in tmp & log directory it is absolutely fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

Provide the contents of latest SLOG and ALOG file present in the directory /usr/sap/trans/log.

Referring to the logs is the first thing that should be done when stuck.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Remove entry of stucked patch from table PAT01 , PAT03 and then try , hope it will resolve the issue also go through all the significance of PAT03 and PAT01 on help.sap.com .

Regards

Yogesh

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAchin,

Pls updated R3trans and TP with latest version as well as update the statistic .

Once you done with both activity , your patching activity should work normally.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Check the following--

-Is it generating new SLOG and ALOG files continuously in the directory /usr/sap/trans/log?

-Check whether there are enough number of background work processes available (minimum should be 2)?

-Check there's enough space available in tablespaces and the directory /usr/sap//trans/temp?

-Check whether your transport tool is working fine?

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check what is the message in Slog file and paste it here. Check if there is sufficient space in database and log files (transaction log file incase of sql or archive log file incase of oracle)

Also, check the staus of the work process in SM50

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath I have checked the space already..

Edited by: Sachin Pal on Mar 30, 2010 4:58 AM