Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Tab Page in cProjects

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I've added a new tab page by creating a Web-Dynrpo-Comp. which implements interface DPR_CUST_EXT_INTF. The view VI_MAIN consists of a input field for a custom field which was added to CI-structure CI_DPR_PROJECT. Unfortunately I couldn't find out how to update the custom field in table DPR_PROJECT.

The documentation of the corresponding IMG-activity explains for the method ON_AFTER_SAVE that custom fields which were added to the CI-structure of the object are updated automatically.

Any hint is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you guide me to add a new tab in the C projects, I tried creating a new wda component with DPR_CUST_EXT_INTF as implemented interface.

The view in this component has a tabstrip having a single tab in it, Then i went to spro as mentioned:Collaboration Projects->Global Enhancements to Project Elements->Show Additional Tab Page in cProjects.

I added a new entry here

Project Elements: Project Definition

Proj Type : Blank

Tab Page Active: checked

Tab Page title: Additional Tab

Web Dynpro Component: zcomponent

Still The tab is not displayed, Can you let me know if I am missing something?

Regards,

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang

Did you try to use customized tab instead of developing a custom one from scratch, if you are using CI_* fields?

For adding custom fields from CI_* includes, I advise you to use available feature in SAP standard 'field groups for customer fields' under : SPRO -> Collaboration Projects -> Global Enhancements to Project Elements.

This is the easiest way to add custom tabs & fields without webdynpro development. All standard functions are supported: field control, save, BADI...

BR

Matthias

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias!

Thanks for your answer!

I've already added a tab for CI-fields by using field groups which works well! As far as I know creating a tab with this method only supports input fields. But I intend to implement a (little) more complex szenario where the description of current the CI-field value (from the input field) should be displayed using a text view element. I don't think that is possible using field groups!

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right Wolgang.

Then, to update custom fields, as they are not included in the "standard" save, you have to manage this action in a subsystem.

A subsystem is a class that is called at "sae", where you can perform some checks before save, then save data, then do other steps after save.

It's described at the end of the documentation as well, you can have a look at the sample subsystem class: CL_DPR_DEMO_SUBSYSTEM.

If I undestood well, your field is included in the CI_* structure, so it should be updated automatically. Did you update all the involved structures correctly?

BR

Matthias

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias!

I've already read about using the subsystem-class. However, I thought that the subsystem-class is intended for non CI_* fields.

That's my problem, I don't know how to update the CI_* structure to automatically update my custom field. My custom field and it's description is assigned to an arbitrary context node NODE with two attributes:

NODE

- FIELD " CI_DPR_PROJECT-FIELD

- FIELD_DESCR " calculated from the text table of FIELD

I think there is a missing link between my context node and cProjects because how should cProjects know that NODE-FIELD is equivalent to DPR_PROJECT-FIELD or CI_DPR_PROJECT-FIELD, respectively?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolgang,

I think you have to link your context attribute to the standard cProjects structure that include as well CI_* fields: DPR_TS_UI_PRJ_DATA-FIELD (FIELD is your custom field).This is the way the standard makes the link (that's just a guess as I've never developed such a screen). Unless you already did it?

BR

Matthias

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias!

The WDA component DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O provides a context node of type DPR_TS_UI_PRJ_DATA. Unfortunately, the context node is no interface node, thus i cannot use it for mapping purposes.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help!

Regards

Wolfgang