Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cal Type flexibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've the following requirement.

I've a cond type which is defined with calc type as %age. However, I want to use the same cond type and have the flexibility as Fixed Amount or anything while processing.

I found in V/06 a check box "Calculation Type". Can somebody explain the usage of this and how do I achieve the above?

Regards,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

As per the help.sap.com,

You determine the calculation type for a condition type in Customizing. This determines how the system calculates prices, discounts and surcharges for a condition. When setting up condition records, you can enter a different calculation type than the one in Customizing. At present all available calculation types are permitted. The field u2018Calculation typeu2019 can however not be accessed if this field is left empty. After the data release has been printed, if the field has not been completed manually, the proposal is automatically taken from Customizing. After this it is no longer possible to make manual changes.

If you use different calculation types for what are otherwise the same conditions (for example, percentage, as a fixed amount or quantity-dependent), you do not have to define different condition types in Customizing. You can set a different calculation type when maintaining the individual condition records.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnx..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Put a tick mark in the Calculation Type Check Box in V/06 (Condition Type Definition)

This will allow you to change the Calculation Type while creating Sales Document.

While creating Sales Document, double click on the Condition Type & in the detils screen you can change the Calculation Type.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I found in V/06 a check box "Calculation Type". Can somebody explain 
the usage of this and how do I achieve the above?

This check box is in tab changes which can be made

The answer lies here itself in the tab heading

If you make a tick here say for a condition type PR00 and PR00 has calculation type qty

Now in sales order say a material is Rs 10 price and order qty is 5

Now against PR00 the value will be 50 (5 x10)

Now select this PR00 condition in sales order and click on the lens in the left hand side (first icon)

Here you will have the config details of PR00 in the control data

Here you will have calculation type as C which can be modified during doc processing

modifiable if you select the tick there

You will have calculation type as non modifiable or greyed out if you dont tick there

Check in a sales order for better understanding

Regards

Raja