SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Allocation, Register Relationships and Logical registers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been trying to understand what is the significance of Device Allocations, Register Relationships and Logical Registers. Could anybody help me understand this by citing a realtime market scenario as an example...

Regards,

Sitakant

2 REPLIES 2

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sorry I dont have an example for you but you can find some useful information at the following which may give you a better understanding:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/9f/03693582f4db60e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

-> Installation Structure

-> Device Allocation

-> Register Relationship

I hope this can be of some help to you.

Regards

Olivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sitakant Tripathy

You must be knowing the basics of Device Allocation, Register RelationShip & Logical Register.

Regrading the example

Register RelationShip as you know the relation between registers like KWH KVAH etc. But once you establish relationship the meters can be treated as like MasterSub, Check Meter etc. Example Suppose a company has its own residential colony of say 100 houses, company as well as each user wants individual billing & invoicing, So a main meter is fixed as companies end & sub meter is installed as 100 houses each & there is relationship between KWH register of each 100 submeter with 1 mainmeter, now the consumption of main meter will be automatically be deducted by consumptions of sub meter & each submeter is recorded individual reading. so submeter can be billed individually & Main meter meter also.

Register relation ship can also be used for installaing check meters to check the accuracy of main meter

For logical Register example could be suppose you remove old Meter & install new meter the logical device number is changed & logical Register number also gets changed, but when you do the periodic billing the demand gets added, to avoid this you have to maintain the same logical register number of new meter as the old meter, so it will give show the maximum demand for that period

Device allocation i didn't come across any kind of good practical example

I hope it will help in clearing your doubt

Bye