Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not process the undelivered mails-Mail adapter

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario, I am using sender mail adapter. PI is successfully polling the mails and sending it to intended recipient.

Now, if the mail is undelivered to recipient then a notification indicating undelivered status will come to sender' s mail box.Next the requirement is, PI should not poll this undelivered message again since it has already polled it once.

Is there any way to do it ,is there any property in mail adapter configuration.

Thanks

Ayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

What is your transport protocol? If it is imap4, you have an option Delete Messages Once Read (for transport protocol IMAP4)

Regards

Suraj

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes my transport protocol is IMAP4.

So if I use 'Delete Messages once read' will it take care the Undelivered messages also!

Thanks

Ayan

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Suraj,

To clarify it more, PI should not process Undelivered messages.So 'Delete messages once read' will take care of that?

Thanks

Ayan

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

>>Now, if the mail is undelivered to recipient then a notification indicating undelivered status will come to sender' s mail box.Next the requirement is, PI should not poll this undelivered message again since it has already polled it once.

If that option is selected then the mail will be moved to another folder and it will not be available at the second poll..

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'Delete messages once read' will also process "undelivered mails".

So you can't filter the "undelivered mails" with this option.

This option only deletes an incoming email, once it was processed by the mail adapter.

regards,

Daniel

Answers (0)