cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regaring XI 3.0 and XI 2.0 protocol.. Discussion

0 Kudos

Hello Guys

I am testing few interfaces with XI3.0 SP23 and R/3 4.7( 6.20 with XI add-on) .. All the outbound proxy interfaces uses static method of calling the proxy and so as the inbound proxy interfaces..

But one thing that puzzles me is that, for the outbound proxies, if I use sender XI adapter or not, the message is sent from R/3 using XI 3.0 protocol . But for inbound proxies, R/3 only accepts XI receiver adapter with XI2.0 protocol only.

Can you any explain please why this happens..detailed discussions are most welcome..I would appreciate replies with out links

please let me know if my question is not clear..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inside XI the version is always XI protocol version 3.0, no matter which application system you have.

The XI system does the transformation 2.0 -> 3.0 automatically.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

When you work with OutBound ABAP Proxies XI Cpmmunication channel not required, i think you aware of that.

The protocol version depend on XI version,if you are using SAP WAS 6.20 then it uses XI2.0 ,higher version it uses XI 3.0.

When you send a message from ECC,your server version XI 3.0 so XI 3.0 Protocal required to communicate with XI.

other case R/3 will accept only XI2.0 protocol version only becase your ECC server is older version it supports only XI 2.0

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raja , Stefan

Thank you for your input....I had similar thought about the process..But the part that puzzled me is, if the local integration engine of R/3 is able to format XI3.0 protocol for sending messages to XI ...why it is not able to read XI 3.0 message protocol for inbound proxies.. Can you get into more detailed explanation if any, pointing to specific module/pipeline step that's involved

Below is the trace for Outbound proxy, if you look at tag <SAP:AdapterRefId>, does it specify the required protocol for inbound and outbound of each hop. If it is, then as per our conversation, for R/3 we are in the right path but for XI, it looks different..

<SAP:Hop SystemName="R3Q_800" Type="SENDER" TimeStamp="2010-03-25T12:14:08Z" WasRead="0">
 <SAP:MessageInbound>
  <SAP:Type>IENGINE</SAP:Type> 
 <SAP:AdapterRefId>2.0</SAP:AdapterRefId>
  <SAP:MessageId>xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxx</SAP:MessageId> 
  </SAP:MessageInbound>
- <SAP:MessageOutbound>
  *<SAP:AdapterRefId>3.0</SAP:AdapterRefId>* 
  <SAP:MessageId>xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxx</SAP:MessageId> 
  </SAP:MessageOutbound>
<SAP:Hop SystemName="is.00.PI_100" Type="CENTRAL" TimeStamp="2010-03-25T12:14:08Z" WasRead="1">
- <SAP:MessageInbound>
  *<SAP:AdapterRefId>2.0</SAP:AdapterRefId>* 
  <SAP:MessageId>xx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxx-</SAP:MessageId> 
  </SAP:MessageInbound>
- <SAP:MessageOutbound>
  *<SAP:AdapterRefId>3.0</SAP:AdapterRefId>* 
  <SAP:MessageId>xxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-</SAP:MessageId> 
  </SAP:MessageOutbound>
  </SAP:Hop>
  </SAP:HopList>

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Any suggestions...please

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> if the local integration engine of R/3 is able to format XI3.0 protocol for sending messages to XI ...why it is not able to read XI 3.0 message protocol for inbound proxies..

Why do you think that the local integration engine of R/3 system does the transformation?

In my opinion the transformation is done inside XI 3.0 system.

0 Kudos
Why do you think that the local integration engine of R/3 system does the transformation?
In my opinion the transformation is done inside XI 3.0 system.

Because for outbound proxies, I am using XI sender Adapter with message protocol as XI3.0 ( Even though its not required).. So I believe R/3 must conform to adapter attributes/parameters. The other is the log I posted in my previous post..I believe the parameter 'AdapterRefId' states the message protocol ( even though I am little unsure about it).

Also the log I posted here is from Sxmb_Moni of R/3. So everything that is in the log should come from local integration engine of R/3.

By the way thanks for following up this thread..I would like to clear this up once and for all.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Because for outbound proxies, I am using XI sender Adapter with message protocol as XI3.0 ( Even though its not required).

> So I believe R/3 must conform to adapter attributes/parameters.

XI 3.0 and all higer Xi version identify the XI message by the version in XI message header. If the version is missing, it is XI 2.0 protocol.

The XI 2.0 integration engine which is part of web AS 6.20 is not able to do this, as SAP developers did not know how XI 3.0 protocol looks like, when they developed XI 2.0

That is the reason, why you have to specify the correct XI 2.0 in receiver adapter, but need not do the same in sender adapter.

The hop list, that you see in a sync message, is created partly in XI system.

0 Kudos
XI 3.0 and all higer Xi version identify the XI message by the version in XI message header. 

Agreed and I have seen this in PI7.0/7.1 and ECC 5.0/6.0

It will be as <SAP:MessageProtocolVersion>3.0</SAP:MessageProtocolVersion>

The XI 2.0 integration engine which is part of web AS 6.20 is not able to do this, as SAP developers did not know how XI 3.0 protocol looks like, when they developed XI 2.0 ;-)

That is the reason, why you have to specify the correct XI 2.0 in receiver adapter

Yes..I am using XI receiver adapter with XI2.0 Message protocol

If the version is missing, it is XI 2.0 protocol.

So does it mean, from R/3(Basis 6.20 with XI add-on)->XI3.0 SP23 Outbound Proxy, even though we use Sender XI Adapter with XI 3.0 message protocol, R/3 still sends message with XI2.0 Message Protocol

0 Kudos

Hello SDN Pundits..

Any more inputs regarding above discussion..