PO qty reduced who brings the cart into cockpit

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

scenario

sc created with 2 qty

PO created by Buyer 2 qty via cockpit .

Again Buyer received a call from requestor that requestor needs only 1 qty rather than 2.

then again BUYER changed the qty to 1 from 2 via me23n. Now again shopping cart venture into cockpit due to mismatch between sc qty and PO qty .

no good receipt done so far since so far buyer did not send the PO to vendor.

how sc comes to cockpit after some time? who is really doing this wotk get status - variant which data plays important role here. or clean job brings... confusion.

can you clarify this trivial things to me..

sc folow on docuemnts updates with PO qty as 1 . but still sc did not come to cockpit.

i am sure it will come shortly i.e sc comes to cockpit. i wanted to who does this job?

if possible answer this.

item guid and header guid sc where it stored in ECC table. i am pretty sure , they were stored in some tables.

br

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

then again BUYER changed the qty to 1 from 2 via me23n.

If your ECC PO is replicated from SRM, it is unchangeable in ECC as per standard. How did you manage to change ECC PO quantity via ME23N?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Come on Jay. I am in CLASSIC.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu is trying change via. ME22N

BR

Siva

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Jay. me22n

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. My mistake. I was caught up in ECS.

In your case, it should be BBP_GET_STATUS_2 that updates the source_rel_ind in SC. If this report does not work, there could be some issues, either the variant (less likely) or a bug. I'd look into some notes. What's your SRM 550 SP level?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks jay

SRM 550 sp15

ECC 6.0 SP16

--

0 DAYS IN THE GET STATUS VARIANTS UPDATE ALL SC? SINCE IT LOCK all shoppoing carts . it takes long time to process. i am seeing the spool results. very interesting. but difficult to understand..

what zero days .

please advise how i can inform SRM that my PO qyt has been reduced.

are you runing the 0 days variant during night time due to this lock issue.

--

some one says clean job , status job - cockpit which cart has to go. still mystery for me.

if i deleted a PO and stoped a get status job totall all variants . immediately sc available in the cockpit.

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

BBP_GET_STATUS_2 is known for bad performance. But several improvements have been done in SP15. Unless you had modified the report, many of the performance issues have been resolved in your SP.

One thing I would recommend you to do is to run the report directly in dialog mode and input that particular SC in question. Just to see if the logic of this report is correct or not to put the SC item with remaining 1 Qty back to sourcing cockpit. Would you test?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

I did a quick test of this scenario. We are in Classic mode as well.

Step 1: Create a SC with quantity 2 price $20 each. PO created in ECC.

Step 2: Ran CLEAN_REQREQ_UP, BBP_GET_STATUS_2 jobs

Step 3: Changed PO in ECC by reducing quantity to 1.

Step 4: Ran Clean_REQREQ_UP job in SRM... SRC_REL_IND still ' '. As expected since the change was not initiated from SRM, Clean_REQREQ_UP did not have any impact.

Step 5: Run BBP_GET_STATUS_2 job. This brought and updated SRC_REL_IND to 'X' and the missing item is available in Sourcing Cockpit.

Finally, I tried putting 0 in last.. days and running BBP_GET_STATUS_2 in debug mode. From what I see it is looking at all the SC's in the system and trying to update status for each of them. We normally run this job with 30 days on a hourly basis.

SG

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Mar 29, 2010 10:06 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PR -2 qty --> soco -> sc 2 qty --> PO 2 Qty -->changed to PO 1 QTY

status run and clean run well.

still i am looking for this sc 1 qty in the cockpit. Waitinting and waiting...

Muthu

---

works

sc 2 qty -PO 2 Qty -

po 1 qty -

sc comes to cockpit.

---

SG:- Stop the get status job . reduce the PO qty 1 from 2 qty thought the sc comes to cockpit. inscrutable.

thanks

---

Finally, I tried putting 0 in last.. days and running BBP_GET_STATUS_2 in debug mode. From what I see it is looking at all the SC's in the system and trying to update status for each of them. We normally run this job with 30 days on a hourly basis.

Yes. during that time all locks will happen .did you notice in sm12 . no one can perform any activity.

i am looking for dalily updates happened in ECC and it must be updated in SRM - with which variant.

since i ahve some special request .

kindly advise.

How long it took in production . hope it may take lot of time. i am interested to know when do you run this job ? at night no business hours ..since our volume of carts are more...it runs more than 3000 secs in testing envt it self.

Muhtu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

We run BBP_GET_STATUS_2 job hourly with 30 days as variant. We run nightly with 90 days variant (offpeak hours).

BBP_GET_STATUS_2 job is what updating SOURCE_REL_IND flag if the PO is changed in backend. I did shut that job off and changed PO in ECC. I have not seen the SOURCE_REL_IND flag get updated yet (over 10 minutes since change). I also ran CLEAN_REQREQ_UP job and as I anticipated no update happened to this flag.

Check if you have any other variants of BBP_GET_STATUS_2 job are setup in SM37.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG

Eventually update here what are the variants you used for in production.

get status variants with time intervals and duration.

clean jon 3 min or 5 mins?

I am looking for best variants with time interval.

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Please try clean_reqreq_up and bbp_get_status_2

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Summer . Indeed who is doing this job? or one or both .

when i changed qty 1 from qty to 1. in bbp_pd . where we need to see this ECC updates.

clean does or get status does?

what clean does?

what status does?

status job SC in last days= 0. updates today created sc days?

zero days should run at mid ight during abscence of business hours.

i wanted to know the facts.

where GUIDs are stored in ECC table ? how it picks and referes the ECC record and bring the info.

any small piece of example is appreciated.

muhtu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Here are some observations.

BBP_GET_STATUS_2 job runs periodically and makes calls to backend systems of all the shopping carts in the variant. It checks if any updates had been made in backend system and updates carts in SRM. This job updates the SRC_REL_IND field which pushes the SC back to sourcing cockpit.

CLEAN_REQREQ_UP on the other hand is triggered based on entries in BBP_DOCUMET_TAB table. This table gets populated whenever there are changes made to a document in SRM. The entry in this table gets deleted after the job is run.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG

-

NOT OK Scenario.Why

PR -2 qty --> soco -> sc 2 qty --> PO 2 Qty -->changed to PO 1 QTY

status run and clean run well.

still i am looking for this sc 1 qty in the cockpit.

-

status job SC in last days= 0. updates today created sc days? when do run this variant.

since it locks all sc data for update purpose.

-

Why I got this doubt is that

=-----

OK Scenario

SC 2 Qty - PO Qty 2 -- later change PO qty to 1 from 2 . now sc appears in the cockpit immediately. but it is not happening abaove scenari0

in bbp_pdigp

QUAN_PO_E = 1 Quantity of POs/Confirmations/Invoices Created for Contract

QUANTITY =2 Quantity in Order Unit

well .

-

muthu