cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1. Console not Connecting with MDM database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed MDM 7.1 on AIX + DB2. I'm not able to connect to repository. I'm getting the following error.

"Error Retrieving Data: Unable to Connect with Database Server"

I have two MDM Cat. installed. One is the latest one 3 and I also Have the old one Catalog 2.. I'm able to load Cat. 2 Repository (Old Repository that was build for Catalog 2) We don't need it anymore. But I'm unable to load the new repository that comes with the installation MDM 7.1. Default Repst. is placed in Archived Folder.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks,

Afi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

Check the MDM Server logs to see the reason of error. You can check it either by going in Console Hierarchy>MDM Server>Logs of console or by directly checking file on <MDM Server Installation Directory>-->Logs directory.

Normally this happens when there is connection problem between MDM server and database server. so cross check all the connections are correct and then restart your MDM and database server and try working.

Also, Try to login to database directly using same user id and password which you are specifying while un-archiving new repository to crosscheck user authentication.

You can also check MDM installation guide, in case you missed something at below link.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001668492008E

Please check the server logs and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv & Mandeep,

I am not able to connect to database with my MDM user. I'm using default SAP user which was created with sapinst (mdmadm). I think I'm missing some env. variables.. How can I add DB2INSTANCE env. to this user?

However, I just have realized that I was not entring DB alias so now I'm able to connect but I don't know the password. I have unloaded SAP's default repository. When I connect to this repository, it is asking for the password. I"m providing mdmadm and passwork, but it is not taking. Am I missing anything here?

Your help is really appreciated!

Thanks,

Afi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are connecting to standard Repository then try user name as "Admin" and password as "sapmdm".

User id and Passwords are case sensitive.

Please check and let us know the result..

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Nope.. It is not taking Admin/sapmdm. I'm getting the following error;

Repository Connect Failed.

Error: Invalid Logon Credentials

Any idea?

Thanks,

Afi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try user as Admin and Passord as blank (no password).

Also, try User as "Master" and Password as "sapmdm" /blank.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... Admin with blank password worked.

Thanks,

Afi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

Please refer complete guide as given below:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001945942008E

Also refer, similar thread as given below:

Make sure that The DBMS server field must contain the actual ALIAS of the database provided Login and Password are correct.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini