cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Control in R/3 Versus Chek Control in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

In R/3 we maintain check control with following stocks , receipts and requirents are selected:

Availabilty Check = 02

Checkin Rule = A

Include Safety Stock is Flagged

Include Quality Inspection Stock is flagged

Include Purchase Orders is flagged

Include Purchase Req is falgged

Include Reservations flagged

Sales Req and Include Deliveries are Flagged

Inclu Planned Orders as Check all Planned Orders

Incude Production Orders as Take all production orders

I ciffed ATP Group to SCM Server

In APO when i go into the maintain check control i found 46 categories assignedf or Availability Check 02 and Checing rule A.

I found many categories which are not relavent like Process orders( AA, AB), Project Orders (AE, AF) , etc.

I dont find Safety stock Category assigned to it.

We have CB (Parameter-Dependent ATP Safety Stock) and SR(Safety Stock as Requirement), shall i asssign these categories in check Control.

1) Since we are using Safety Stock in ATP check , what settings need to maintain in APO.(What is difference between Safety Stock and Safety Stock requirment)

2)As per my requirent from the list of above check control of ECC which categories will correspond in APO.

Please guide me.

With Regards

Rave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rave,

u can assisgn required category in scope of check. I am not very sure about your second query but i guess it should be stock and not the requirement......you can test by keeping both of them in scope of check .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rave,

you can find every standard categories in APO in SPRO:

GATP -> Product Availability Check -> Maintain Check Control : here you can check the scope of check and while adding new element you can display every Req./Rec./Stock categories:

Safety Stock : CB

Quality Inspection Stock: CF

Purchase Orders: BF

Purchase Req: AG

Reservations : AW, AX

Sales Req and Deliveries : BM , BR

Planned Orders as Check all Planned Orders : AI , AJ , AK, AL

Production Orders as Take all production orders: AA, AB, AC, AD

You can carry out planning with safety stock in Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) if you have made this setting in the planning version. Safety stock is represented in the system by requirement and receipt elements. In the case of a static safety stock method u2013 in other words, for safety stock that is not dependent on time u2013 only the safety stock requirement is relevant. The requirement quantity is negative and is the same size as the current level of safety stock in the location product master. The requirements date/time is the planning time. If you use dynamic safety stock methods, the safety stock amount is dependent on time. Therefore, a specific safety stock value is only valid for a specific time. Afterwards, the safety stock rises or falls suddenly to another value. Both safety stock requirements and safety stock receipts are relevant in this case. A safety stock requirement represents an increase in the safety stock at a specific time, while a safety stock receipt represents a reduction in the safety stock.

In the standard system, safety stock elements are configured as virtual in the planning version. A virtual safety stock element does not exist in SAP liveCache. Therefore, the system only takes account of a virtual safety stock element in the net requirements calculation and not in dynamic pegging.

If you are planning with static safety stock methods, you can create safety stock requirements in SAP liveCache with the standard heuristic SAP_PP_018. The system takes account of these safety stock requirements in the net requirements calculation and in dynamic pegging. For more information, see the system documentation for the standard heuristic SAP_PP_018. To call up the system documentation for a heuristic, go to Customizing for Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS). Under Maintain Heuristics, select Information for the heuristic SAP_PP_018.

For further help please check about safety stock: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/6f/347ae2d5ed4294aa29897db7074288/frameset.htm

I hope I could help.

Regards,

TIbor