cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Components from Release 6.00 to 6.04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All:

There is a request to upgrade the RE-FX and FI-CO components from current release 6.00 on our system to release 6.04. Does this mean that I have to apply EHP upgrade? I did SP upgrades before but for same release. This is the first time I receive such a request. Do I have to apply EHP 4 so I will get the desired release number? When I apply the EHP, will it upgrade the whole components other that RE-FX and FI-CO to 6.04 or can I choose during the appling of EHP what components to be upgraded such as RE-FX and FI-CO?

Please advise.

Current System Info:

Windows 2003 IA 64

SQL 2005 SP2

ECC 6.0

No EHP up to now.

Regards,

Ahmad Yasin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad, If you are going for release upgrade you would first need to do release upgrade for base compoennts like SAP ABA < SAP BASIS ..

then you can proceed with component upgrades.

Also have a look a the note : 1064635. This will provide you an idea about the minimum level of EHP requirments.

hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Edited by: Amber S on Mar 28, 2010 1:12 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upgrade your version from ECC 6.0 to ECC 6.0 EHP4 through upgrade master DVD or EHPI installer (this you can download from SMP).

you can download the stack with XML file and apply.

Thanks

Jibin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amber:

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that I have to upgrade the basis components to 6.04 as normal SP upgrade then start EHP upgrade? or Does the EHP upgrade process upgrade the whole components automatically? If the EHP upgrade the required components automatically then it will be better.

Regards,

Ahmad Yasin

0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

for going from 6.00 to 6.04 you need to install EHP4 in your system. you have the independence of selecting the components you want to upgrade. when you'll select the EHP4 in your solution manager at that time you can select -deselect the components you want to go for. Then these component details will be included in the STACK.XML file which will be needed at the time of installation of EHP4 by EHPi.

version of SAP_BASIS and _ABA will not be 604 it will be 701.

check any latest EHP guide and things will be much clearer.

best Regards

Niraj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would say read How to install EHP4 and Technical FAQ guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp as a starting point for EHP4 upgrade which will give you overall idea of upgrade approach and then you can read upgrade master guide.

Thanks

Sunny