SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM price profile upload process and Day light saving issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a requirement to upload EDM price profile (with 60 min interval). Which are the function module or BAPI's are there to upload the price profile in EDM. Also which table holds this dat. I guess it is EPROFVAL60 and can be seen using transaction EEDM01.

Also, there is a scenario of DST (day light saving- US client) mean sometime there will be 23hrs value or sometime 25 value. How to handle this. I guess all this price value store in table EPROFVAL60 (hourly value) but the structure of this table can take 24 hrs value. Any suggestion on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAPI_ISUPROFILE_UPLOAD and BAPI_ISUPROFILE_IMPORT are used to upload the values in the profiles. The values will be stored in the EPROFVAL tables. Depending upon the interval size it will be EPROFVAL60, EPROFVAL15, EPROFVAL05_1 etc. DST can be handled through config and the time zone can be maintained in the profile header.

Thanx & Rgds,

Krishna

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAPI_ISUPROFILE_UPLOAD and BAPI_ISUPROFILE_IMPORT are used to upload the values in the profiles. The values will be stored in the EPROFVAL tables. Depending upon the interval size it will be EPROFVAL60, EPROFVAL15, EPROFVAL05_1 etc. DST can be handled through config and the time zone can be maintained in the profile header.

Thanx & Rgds,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for your reply.

As you mentioned DST can be handled through config and maintained in header table EPROFHEAD with time zone as DST (USA). Can you please tell me where the values (interval size 60) will get stored in case there are 25 values.

Since the structure of the table EPROFVAL60 can stroe 24 hours value (starting from 0000 to 2300) how it is going to store and extra hours value.

0 Kudos

Values in SAP database are stored in UTC. The interval data will be stored in EPROFVAL tables in UTC. When the profile values are displayed it will be converted to the time zone which is mentioned in the profile header.

Thanx & Rgds,

Krishna

0 Kudos

In the profile header there is the field u201CTime Zoneu201D. There the specification of

Time Zone for EDM Objects is possible, e. g. where an installation is billed or profile data is displayed.

The configuration in IMG u2013 customizing leads to the transaction STZAC and STZBC.

This updates the tables: TTZD - Summer time rules or TTZDV - Summer time rules (variable dates)

Please watch the OSS notes frequently, since there are some updates lately.

Kind regards, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Today I saw this thread and I am facing the same problem.

In my case it is a UK Project.

I saw the above resolution given by Thomas and Kishna.

I saw the transaction STZAC & STZBC, it is CET(Central European Time ) for System Time Zone and User's default time zone.

The question is how this will actually help when the 46(DST Start) or 50(DST End) values come for Half hourly Profiles?

Could anyone help on this what actual configuration is done for this?

How the values will get handle when 46 or 50(in HH profile) will come into system to which time it will upload the profile value.