cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porblem with sap portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our client has the following setup.

Browser ---> Firewall -

> SAP Portal -

> ECC.

Now he has to access the portal on the internet.

He has provided a public IP to SAP PORTAL for ex 111.32.22.12 register to domain ABC.COM and the internal ip is 232.32.12.32 with domain xyz.client.com.

Now he has opened the EP url port 5<00>000 on the firewall.

Couple of issues here.

1) when i enter abc.com on internet it doesn't show any screen, but when i enter ABC:5<00>000/irj it shows the login screen. Why is that when in abc.com it doesn't show login screen and shows only when i enter the ep port? Is this some thing to do with firewall?

2) Once the login screen is displayed ABC:5<00>000/irj now i enter the user id and password though it accepts (authentication occurs) but doesn't go inside i.e show the next screen such as content administrator etc.it is stuck on the main screen.

Now say instead of ABC:5<00>000/irj if i give ABC:5<00>000/index.html it shows the screen and when i check system properties link then a popup windows show asking for authentication and when valid user valid user id and pwd is given it authenticates and show the relevant data.

So the curious question is with /index.html authentication occurs & goes to next screen, with /irj authentication occurs but doesn't go to next screen. Why is that?

3) As there is only firewall in the set up (no proxy) do i need to configure

com.sap.portal.ivs.httpservice u2192 Services u2192proxy

Parameters Firewall Proxy Host, FirewallProxyPort,Firewall - Enable Proxy Setting ?

Anyone who has this kind of setup can throw light on how exactly they had done ? We are at pre go live stage .

Regards,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) when i enter abc.com on internet it doesn't show any screen, but when i enter ABC:5<00>000/irj it shows the login screen. Why is that when in abc.com it doesn't show login screen and shows only when i enter the ep port? Is this some thing to do with firewall?

Since your J2EE engine "listens" only on port 50000 it will only reply if you enter that port. The default HTTP standard port is 80 so you'll need to reconfigure your engine that it listens on port 80 (see http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/NWTech/ChangeDefaultportnumbers,Portalport+numbers).

> 2) Once the login screen is displayed ABC:5<00>000/irj now i enter the user id and password though it accepts (authentication occurs) but doesn't go inside i.e show the next screen such as content administrator etc.it is stuck on the main screen.

Does this work if you do this from the internal network?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response... this whole issue is something to do with both n/w domain and firewall. We had already done the portal setting that were mentioned from our end.

Cheers,

**RAJ**

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.