cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic batch creation while making the UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Due to a customer need, I want to create the batch number for a good's receipt while making the UD, is that possible in a way other than using transaction MSC1N?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

What I have understood is you need not to create batch number while posting the MIGO document and need to fire the batch number at the time of performing UD? If it is so then here is the solution:-

You can meet the requirement via so many ways but according to me the easiest way is, follow these steps.

Step:01 Copy the movement type 101 (use Trx OMJJ) create Z01. Where you need to select the option "No Creation" in the field "Create New Batch" in the entry level control.

Step:02 Use this movement type while creating GR, (change the std setting for GR against PO for trx MIGO)

Step:03 For movement type 321 - TF quality to unrest change the settings for the "Create New Batch" field from "No creation" to "Automatic / manual without check"

I think these will be enough for your requirement.

If there is any query pls revert.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Actually this is not exactly what I need.

I will not use mvt type 101, instead I'm using 103 due to certain requirement, this mvt type is not creating batch, as it post the goods to the blocked stock, and the material is managed in quality of course, the problem now is that when I come to the point of making the UD the system gives me an error as there is no batch assigned.

My requirement is a way to create the batch while making the UD in transaction QA11

Got any ideas?

Regards,

MaX

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it prevent you from getting to the stock posting screen totally? If not, you might be able to do ths stock posting first, before making the UD. Post the stock to a new material and create the batch number at that time. Even if you aren't moving it to a new material, you can stilll use this posting line. Enter in the same material number and then the batch number. Save this and then come back and make the UD.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

As your material is batch managed, it will certainly stop you to post stock and perform UD if there is no any batch found. You can try this one,,,

For movement type 321 - TF quality to unrest change the settings for the "Create New Batch" field from "No creation" to "Automatic / manual without check"

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

@ Fire: Actually the system stops me from making the UD due to the absence of the batch and in my case there is no way to post the material before the UD as the people from quality assurance are responsible for making the UD and people from the warehouse responsible for posting the material.

@ Shyamal: Your solution won't work because my problem is not with the stock posting yet, it is with making the UD which I can not make with the absence of the batch.

Sorry for the late reply guys and thanks for your concern, and of course any more ideas are welcomed.

Regards,

MaX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

The best solution I found is in trx QA02, beside the field of batch, there is an icon to create the batch number.

Regards,

MaX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey MaXi,

Yes off course that is the solution, but that is manual, What I was searching is some automation in it.

Anyways, the most important thing is, you got the solution.

Regards,

Shyamal