download manager problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I get this error message when I launch the Download Manager

Unable to read basket content

The basket content could not be read. The following exception occured:

An exception occured while parsing the basket content data:

Exception: clas dlclient.ResponseParseException

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vmsevilla
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Even though this problem was reported 11 years ago,

Download Manager still has this problem

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Once you configure Download manager for Service market place. please make sure that you service market place should have download authorization. second thing check Download manager if it is not properly configured and also check netword connectivity fromwhere you are downloading.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

What do you mean by "please make sure that you service market place should have download authorization"?

How do I check this? Or rather, how do I configure the service marketplace to have download authorization?

Thanks!

-Ryan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Once you login to the service market place >> My Profile >> Display my Authorizations >> User Data Maintenance >> Authorizations tab >> you will the download option should be there for downloading any thing.

Basis team can provide download access to your service market place.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

When I go to My Profile >> Display my Authorizations >> User Data Maintenance >> Authorizations tab

it says "No authorization objects are currently assigned to the user".

How do I get this authorization assigned to my user id for downloading things?

Can I request this from the SAP Service Marketplace support somehow? or do I need to contact someone listed as My Super Administrator?

-Ryan

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to contact your super administrator to give proper authorizations.

Digesh Joshi

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

When you login the service market place, Go to My Profile >> Display my Super-administrators >> You will see the User Data Maintenance : Superadministrators lists in your company.

You need to contact any one of them from Superadministrators lists and give proper justification for getting access for download in SMP or Ask them to help on downloading contents from SMP.

Hope you will get the download access.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To resolve the sap download manager issue. You can follow the below checklist.

1. You can go to View -> "Download Manager configuration" then select the connection tab and fill the following details

Address: https://service.sap.com

UserName: S000******* ( User market place Id) Make sure it has authorization to downloads

Passwd: **********

2. If at all you are using the proxy server for internet then kindly furnish the details.

3. Many time the issue comes due to java run time also. So try changing the version of JDK. I am currently using

java version "1.4.2_12" which is running smoothly.

I hope the above checks whill help you in resolving the issue.

Regards

Lalit Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for information.

I was using JRE v6.

I switched the Download Manager to the JDK/JRE 1.4.2_12, but I still get the same error message.