cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter - Archive issue with adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 issues here. We are currently using PI 7.11 EHp1 SP02.

1. Arhival with "add time stamp" wont work. It just gives us an error message saying simpledate format exception.

I have gone through the OSS note 1265534 and thought this will resolve the issue. But our BASIS team believes this note is only applicable for PI 7.1 SP01. Can you one using PI 7.11 SP02 comment on this?

Note: Archive option with out add time stamp works fine.

2. When I use adapter module in my sender file configuration, the archive option itself does not work. Read the official SAP help which says "To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, set the indicator.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor."

So the question here is, how do we make the error permanent? The only way to throw error from adapter module is using the ModuleException. It has 4 different constructors. I have used both

ModuleException me = new ModuleException ("My error Msg"); and

Module Exception me1 = new ModuleException ("Error String", new Throwable("My error Msg");

In both the cases, the archival wont happen.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

maybe the used FTP user has insufficient rights.

Cheers,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using NFS protocol here not FTP. Sorry I dint mention that earlier.

Thanks

Jai

Edited by: Jaishankar on Apr 1, 2010 9:55 AM

Edited by: Jaishankar on Apr 6, 2010 11:10 AM

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaishankar,

I think this is because of your ftp server. Nothing to do with your sender communication channel, please try to create one file with timestamp mannually in ftp server(for file name with timestamp check your channel log), if it allows then you can decide the problem is from PI side, if FTP will give you error, then problem is from FTP Server side. In this case you can expect help from FTP Administrator.

thanks,

madhu