cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pagination in Mobile Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create pagination links for the html table created using XSL. I have an Illuminator servlet that gets the data for the html table.I tried including a javascript file that does the pagination and it works in my desktop. But when i run the same irpt file from the mobile device it does not work.

Any inputs/pointers will be helpful!!

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the page not load or does the js file not get included? Have you tried including the script block directly in the page's head section?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.The Page loads fine. Its just that the Pagination script does not seem to work in the mobile device. The same code works in desktop though. I also tried including the script in the page and again no luck.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mobile device browsers do not always support all javascript/dom/css features, so sometimes you have to get creative.

I have in the past rendered a table using irpt/servlet/xsl in an iframe and passed an index as a parameter.

The index number would tell the transaction behind the servlet tag which rows or 'page' to output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris...I will try that and let you know. But the only thing i don't like is the number of times the form will be submitted as there are already 4 other transactions in the page. Is there a way to selectively run the transaction in mobile devices, like an"iCommand"?

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used hidden iframes and javascript callbacks to the parent to simulate AJAX on mobile browsers.