cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Inpection Lot Z01 & 04 Type for same Material different Plans

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an Inspectoin Lot for two different Inspection Types. One for (Z01) Incoming Inspection via MIGO and the other for (04) GR Inspection for Production via MFBF. The problem is I have the same Material for two different Inspection Plans. The Z01 Inspection Type was copies from the 01 Inspection Type only difference is I activated the Multiple Specs feature for Z01.

1st Plan = Materia Group....BM206014, Group Counter....1 (GR Incoming Inspectoin Z01 type)

2nd Plan = Material Group....BM206014, Group Counter....2 (GR Inspection for Production 04 type)

A) When I do the (Material Backflush) MFBF for the 04 type, the Inspection Lot gets created OK. I then can go into QA32 and assign the correct Inspection Plat by clicking the Inspection Lot button.

B) When I do the MIGO via the Purchase Order (type Z01), it will not create the Lot if I have the Multiple Specs selected in the QM Material Master MM02. If, I turn off the Multiple Specs in the QM Material Master and create a new PO and MIGO, it will create the Lot, however, it automatically assigns the lot to the wrong Inspection Plan (2nd Plan see above) I need to be able to select the plan like I can with the 04 type.

Is their some setting that can be changed in Config or somewhere that acts the same way as example A above?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For one, you can assign a different usage to your Z01 inspection type then you use for the 04 inspection type. Then change the usage in your plans. Now you won't have to select the proper plan. It will automatically select the correct plan.

I'm not sure about the issue with the Z01 and multiple specs. Are you sure that SAP supports multiple specs with 01 inspection oriigns? I can't really do much check on that today.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

I wanted to thank all of you for your help in solving this issue. It was a pleaure working with you!

Edited by: dhayes12 on Mar 29, 2010 6:04 PM

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> A) When I do the (Material Backflush) MFBF for the 04 type, the Inspection Lot gets created OK. I then can go into QA32 and assign the correct Inspection Plat by clicking the Inspection Lot button.

>

> B) When I do the MIGO via the Purchase Order (type Z01), it will not create the Lot if I have the Multiple Specs selected in the QM Material Master MM02. If, I turn off the Multiple Specs in the QM Material Master and create a new PO and MIGO, it will create the Lot, however, it automatically assigns the lot to the wrong Inspection Plan (2nd Plan see above) I need to be able to select the plan like I can with the 04 type.

>

> Is their some setting that can be changed in Config or somewhere that acts the same way as example A above?

For case A, create insp plan with usage "1- production" If you have one IP with this usage for given material then system will assign Plan to lot automatically. In your case for second plan update usage as 1.

For case B, system should assign 1st plan make sure for both plan udage is correct. for 1st plan usage should be 5 while 2nd plan usage should be 1. Now if your 1st have status 4 and key date before lot date then system will assign plan auto.

Thanks!!!

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

I did as you requested but now the Inspection Lots are automatically getting assigned to the Inspection Plan Group 1. Follow the link for screen shots showing the problem.

Hope this helps, Thank you

[http://www.afs-stlouis.org/How to create Inpection Lot Z01 04 Type for same Material different Plans.mht]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What our two friends are trying to express is,,,,

For the Inspection lot type Z01 do following,,

Change the Customizing setting for this inspection type Put the "Task list usage" (e.g AB) and assign the same usage to your Inspection plan group Counter that you wish to use for inspection lot with type Z01

For the Inspection lot type 04 do following,,

Change the Customizing setting for this inspection type Put the "Task list usage" (e.g CD) and assign the same usage to your Inspection plan group Counter that you wish to use for inspection lot with type 04

It will not stop the automatic assignment but surely stop the wrong assignment.

Regards,

Shyamal