Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail adapter scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I require some input on including a mail adapter to an existing scenario

The scenarios is as follows,

I have to create some files around 20 and place them in two folders , that build has been done and tested , so I have a multi mapping , for those 20 files , and enhanced interface determination and is working fine

Now a new requirement is to send an email ,

kindly tell me the steps in IR and ID to include the mail adapter in this interface ??

considering it as an additional feature, nthing to do with Files ,,,

which means that an email adapter has to be called with the file adapters ( not before not after....the precedence doesnt matter )

its just that along with creating the files an email has to be sent ... thats all

I want to know what am i required to create :

in IR : is there a separate interface required .. smthing to do in mapping also ? i am presuming not since it is inbound

in ID : can i create a dummy busines service and what all do i need to create ???

please help

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create a message type for mail adapter and an message interface. You can also use the predefined message type from sap. So now in multimapping you add this message type and map from your source to this mail mapping. Add the same message interface in interface mapping.

Create a mail receiver communicaiton channel with your mailbox parameters. Then add this to your receiver determination. Also you need to create a receiver agreement for this one.

You can see some help here:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

You can do a search for more blogs and tutorials on mail adapter.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

But I am not sure about adding a Separate message type ,is that a dummy message type .. what will be the contents of it ?

and what will be the structure to map to my source , in the multi mapping ?

Secondly , I have created a dummy business service and a communication channel(mail adapter) and I am clear about the configuration part .. but kindly let me know about the Design part ...i am not sure what all to create

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

can some one please help

is it not possible to include the mail adapter to send emails in this scenario ?

Dev