cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Productive password in IDM

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to set productive passsword using IDM. According to "Note 1287410 - BAPI_USER_CHANGE: Set productive password" this is now possible.

How do I set the PRODUCTIVE_PWD flag in the ToSAP pass. What is the ABAP connector attribute. Just putting productive_pwd does not work.

Any help is much apprecited.

Thanks

Shabna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe SAP note (SAP Knowledge Base Article) 1575445 - Setting productive password in ABAP Systems helps.

Regards

Stefan

martin_eberle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Guess you could set an initial password as you do it, as a first step. Then afterwards you call SUSR_USER_CHANGE_PASSWORD_RFC.

Procedure to set a productive password for a user:

1) Call BAPI_USER_CHANGE (set an "intermidiate" and intial password)

2) Call SUSR_USER_CHANGE_PASSWORD_RFC (set your real new password, old password = intermediate from the call before)

I think, we've tried that successfully in the past....

Martin

Thomas_Berger
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

does you find any solution to set a productive password?

thank you for any information

best regards

thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Old post I know but for provisioning to an ABAP stack, we got this to work using ProductivePwd to 1 in a ToSAPIdentity or toSAP pass. There is a requirement to either be on SP 19 in 7.00 or equivalent as described in note 1287410, or you can apply the note directly. Would be interested to know if anyone got this working on AS Java?

Cheers,

Ian

0 Kudos

Hi,

Am also doing something similar but as sabna said, it is not working.It is set only as a Administrative password and not as a productive password.The provisioning system is a CUA system in my case. will that play a part in the setup? or am i missing something critical in the config?

Regards,

Karthik

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Any ideas anyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i used the attribute "password" in the ToSAP pass (together with logonuid and changetype=modify) and it worked for a ABAP-System.

Best Regards,

Thomas Groth

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

I am trying to set it as a "productive password" i.e. the user need not change it at first login after password change. This is useful when working with Password Selfservice where the user need not choose another password when the have just changed it.

Thanks

Shabna