cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for the JDBC Lookup in PI 7.1 to read other user's table?

niro_leona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the requirement of using the standard JDBC Lookup in PI 7.1. The user setup in the receiver JDBC adapter is only a service user that has a read access on some tables that are owned by another user or schema. When I am trying to do the import of Table's metadata, I can only see tables that are owned by the user setup in the receiver JDBC adapter.

Is there any any ways on how the user used in the receiver JDBC adapter can read another user's table (given that it has read access) during the import of Table's metadata?

Thank you in advacne for any response.

-Niro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

niro_leona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We came up of using Views as a solution. Thanks.

-Niro

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any any ways on how the user used in the receiver JDBC adapter can read another user's table (given that it has 
read access) during the import of Table's metadata?

The user needs to have acces to the tables to read the data......you cannot use the user to read a table for which it does not have permission.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

it is not possible to use the user to add table metadata which is owned other user,but i think you can also use receiver jdbc cc to lookup.

niro_leona2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The user has read as I mentioned. If we are not going to use Views as a solution. How can we see other user's table once we hit hte Display button. Typing in the <SCHEMA>.<TABLE_NAME> in the box only gives a "Table not found" error.

Any idea? thanks.

-Niro

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to maintain the Communication Channel used to access the tables with a user that owns the tables. When you try and display the tables to import via the External Definition wizard you should now see your table. I recommend putting in some sort of key value in the search window like Z* otherwise you will get more tables then you asked for.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am struck in a similar kind of problem.

I have to do lookup from a view(not a table) available in a particular schema.

When i am using the external definition --> category dbtab

I am able to see all the tables available in the schema.Whereas i not able to see any views.

Please let me know how to proceed in such scenario?

Thanks,

Sudhansu