cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No web services... What are my options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been asked to interface a .Net application with SAP. We are in the process of implementing SAP 7.1. I was planning on using Web Services, but I have been told that we did not implement the Java stack so the web services are not available. I'm not really sure how to proceed. Are there any other avenues that offer interoperability?

If we were to implement the Java stack would it be reasonable to implement one Java based ECC server for all our ABAP server environments or would I need to have one for each environment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We purchased BizTalk 2009 and the BizTalk Adapter Pack 3.0 provided the functionality I sought.

0 Kudos

I think that best approachs are .NET RFC application and JAVA RFC application.

These are stantards ways of interact between SAP and the Outside world. RFC Aplications can be Client or Server, then you can create an APP that help you access a WebService from SAP or viceversa.

Regards,

Fernando.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like Biztalk might also be an option. I could use RFC instead of web services. According to the white paper from the Microsoft - SAP Alliance Biztalk is a good option when there are no web services. Does anyone have experience or opinions on this approach?

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Way,

I have in a PoC context positive experiences with surfacing SAP BAPIs/RFCs within .NET based front-end (SharePoint, Silverlight) via the BizTalk WCP LOB Adapter SDK. To my opionion it's a very viable approach, which allows you to surface SAP without the need to make any changes in the SAP environment. I have a blogpost discussing the application: [Apply WCF BizTalk Adapter Pack to service-enable SAP BAPI/RFC's|http://williamvanstrien.blogspot.com/2009/08/apply-wcf-biztalk-adapter-pack-to.html]

Best regards, William.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Way

>If we were to implement the Java stack would it be reasonable to implement one Java based ECC server for all our ABAP server environments or would I need to have one for each environment?

Its reasonable to install Only One Java Stack, that will connect to your all ABAP servers.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun