cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Window Closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a WD application which is getting opened from a Java Applet application.

The WD application consists of only one window, which has the form to be edited. Now my requirement is to have a close button on the click of which a Dialog Box should appear asking for confirmation of closing of the window. If the user press Yes the window should get closed.

I treid using IWDWindow, but that is not working. On pressing Yes the window reamains as it is and nothing is happening.

I also tried using the javascript method to get the URL of teh window and calling the Exit fire plug.

On this i am getting an exception saying:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exit-Plug must no be triggered with an URL when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!

Please suggest what is teh mistake i am making...is it really possible to close the window which is a child window coming from some other Non WD application?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Becky,

You can have an html page with java script to close window within the web dynpro DC under component folder under src and call that html page using exit plugs of the interface view. This exit plug should be fired to navigate from view to html page.

This way your web dynpro application with first navigate to this html page and then close the window in turn.

Regards,

Tushar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I have already tried that method, adding close.html file in mimes folder and calling the exit fire plug.

On exceuting, i get the following exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exit-Plug must no be triggered with an URL when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!

Please suggest.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get you right ... you have a custom Java App running in the portal that opens a WebDynpro in a pop up.

Suggestion: Let the app close the popup when you return from the WD-app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya exactly, my WD application is being called from a java application.

Are u suggesting that i cannot close the webdynpro window by putting a button in the WD application itself?

I dont have access to the Java application, watever i do it has to be through the WD application only.

Regards.