cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

1)I have an inbound ABAP proxy scenario ...this inbound service interface is created using a BAPI imported in the Development-PI system..

Now I am planning to move this scenario to QA u2026do I need to import the BAPI again in the QA system also u2026?

2) I have a file NFS scenario ..which system is used generally as business system for NFS ..do I need create a Business system for the PI system itself u2026? Or any other better method u2026?

Thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

1) You must have imported the BAPI in some of the namespace. Move that namespace to quality. Also dont forget to move the ABAP proxy code to quality.

2) NFS is network file system. Actually business system is indication for creating scenario. Ideally you should use Business system same as that of your PI system.Creating same PI system as business system will help you while transporting scenario in QA system. You can maintain transport targets in SLD which will directly convert business system in Dev to Business system in QA in Integration directory while transporting objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You must have imported the BAPI in some of the namespace. Move that namespace to quality. Also dont forget to move the ABAP proxy code to quality.

actully RFC and Idoc's are comming as Imported Objects under some SWCV ,its not comming under namespace.do you mean if i transport any of the namespace .RFC will move to QA.. ?

2) NFS is network file system. Actually business system is indication for creating scenario. Ideally you should use Business system same as that of your PI system.Creating same PI system as business system will help you while transporting scenario in QA system. You can maintain transport targets in SLD which will directly convert business system in Dev to Business system in QA in Integration directory while transporting objects.

the Business system For PI system for NFS must be type-thirdparty .. ?

thanks

Souz

Former Member
0 Kudos

> actully RFC and Idoc's are comming as Imported Objects under some SWCV ,its not comming under namespace.do you mean if i transport any of the namespace .RFC will move to QA.. ?

You only need to export the RFC from the SWCV (imported objects) from Dev & simply import it into QA system (it will be imported to same SWCV automatically). So it is not important that it should be imported to the same namespace where your actual objects are.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

What ever development you do in SAP, PI ABAP stack and PI java stack you need to move to QA.

Whether you use a nfs or flat file etc it all depends upon your company standards what to use and how they are maintaining. If I were you I will create a business system.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominic,

Just to be clear here let me explain what i have understood.

1st scenario involves a BAPI, if you have imported the BAPI into say www.kkk.com namespace then you will find it under the imported objects of the SWC that it resides under, you will have to individually move it.

2nd scenario involved the NFS, you must already have your PI system defined as a Business system in the SLD. This is the best practice. So you don't really have to create the Bus.System, just Add the buz.systm to the scenario your working on.

Hope this is clear and it helps your cause.

Hanish John