cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDLS updating logical systems in CIF models?

Former Member

Hi

The BDLS tool can be used to update logical system names in systems. As I understand this tool is often used when copying systems (Production system to Q system for instance).

In a situation where you copy the productive system to the Q system:

Does anyone know if BDLS is capable of updating the logical systems in the generated CIF models that you get copied from the productive system? In this case you'd get a big chunk of models that point to the wrong logical name. If you could get the target system changed in the generated model then you could save a lot of time in generating and activating models.

Any comments much appreciated

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor

Yes Simon - BDLS should be executed to update the logical system after a system copy / refresh to take care of CIF Integration Models.

Otherwise each Integration Model needs manual update for the Logical System before getting them activated.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not too sure if this thread is followed. I was looking for some info where we had a similar issue recently when we did a production refersh to Quality and all our integration model variants are pointing to our production system.

Our basis team has taken all the necessary steps like BDLS etc, but we had this issue. I dropped a message to SAP and they gave a report name RCIFVARIANTCHANGE to change the logical system name from old one to the new one for CIF variants.

Thanks,

Murali

Answers (0)