cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Archiving Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to archive messages in PI. Currently, all the messages are marked for deletion. To change the delete flag to archive flag, I execute SAP standard program RSXMB_DEL_TO_ARCH. When I execute this program and filter the value for particular interface, I am getting timeout error.

For example: There are around 8000 messages for a particular date range of all the interfaces. Only 3 messages are there for the interface that I want to archive. However the program reads all 8000 records and displays that only 3 messages can be archived. If I expand the date range, total number of messages increase and the program dumps with timeout. Any idea how can I successfully process a large amount of messages ?

Thanks,

Dhawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Connect with you BASIS team , to increase Heap size at server ...will resolve the issue ....you will not get this time-out error ...

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is solved. I increased the maximum runtime parameter of the program to 86400 seconds (24 Hrs) and scheduled the program in background. The program was executed successfully. However it took around 3 hours to complete the program.

Thanks everybody for your valuable comments.

- Dhawal

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ask your basis team to increase system profile parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_timeu201D.

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daval,

Check by selecting the less number of messages (giving date range as small). otherwise ask your basis team to increase the time and java heap memory.

Regards

Ramesh