Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm trying ti set up a heuristic that will act as follows :

In case i have firmed receipt the Heuristic will consider it only in case that it sits in a defined period of time.

for example:

if I'm running the standard heuristic (Planning for standard lot) via product view -> variable heuristic, and instead of "avoid surplus" I'm using FIFO, Heuristic will consider any Firmed receipt that I've in the future.

lets say that i have requirement of 100 on 01.04.2010

and a firmed planned order of 100 on 01.06.2010

system wont create an additional PlOrd to fulfill the requirement.

what I'm looking for is a setting the system will act the same way but only if the Firmed receipt sits within a defined period of time. let's sat that i will defined it on 30 days, so i want the system to act as follows:

and a firmed planned order of 100 on 01.06.2010

system will create an additional PlOrd to fulfill the requirement on time.

but in case of:

and a firmed planned order of 100 on 01.05.2010

system wont create an additional PlOrd to fulfill the requirement.

How can i defined the "period of time" in which the system will consider the firmed receipt?

thank you all in advanced

Ron

Edited by: RonBon on Mar 26, 2010 8:04 PM

Edited by: RonBon on Mar 27, 2010 11:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following master data settings will help you achieve what you want here.

/SAPAPO/MAT1 - Product Master

Demand tab > Pegging tab

Pegging strategy = 01 (FIFO)

Maximum earliness of a Receipt =

Maximum lateness of a Receipt =

Note: Maximum earliness of a Receipt & Maximum lateness of a Receipt

(this is in hours...if you want the system to peg any receipts that are 24 hrs early or late use value 2400)

Edited by: Srini Uppala on Apr 15, 2010 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

RonBon,

Take a look at OSS note 448960. It is good reading on the subject. In part 4.2.2 It says that using the Net requirment calculation with alert minimization (FIIFO switch off). "In practice, a receipt(fixed) can also be used to cover requirements for an slightly earlier requirement. provided the delay for the receipt does not exceed the alert threshold for late receitps."

In other words set your allowable lateness alert window to be the time you want to look back and use fixed receipts for. You must have your pegging window longer then your lateness window.

George

maheshbabu_mg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ron,

In standard (or in a copied heuristics with some customizing settings), I do not think there is a possibility to achieve this functionality,which you desire.

But, this is quite simple to achieve using the BADI ,

Definition name /SAPAPO/RRP_PLANNING

Method PEGID_GET_IO Change the Receipts and Reqs After Reading from liveCache

This method is called soon after the IO (input/output) objects are read from the livecache.So,within the badi if you delete the

Orders which are firmed and not within a specific time period (may be a fixed number of days, or Products <--> period from a custom table) these Orders will not be considered for the Netting process,so that there will be a deficit in the Netting process and an additional order will be created.

Hope this helps in achieving the requirement you desire.

Kind regards,

Mahesh