Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC To File-Using BPM.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario in which i need to poll data from two tables in same DB and then merge it and put a single file in File server.

I have implemented it using BPM with constant correletion.The scenario was working fine.

Since the JDBC adapter is polling data based on dates(client req) some days data wont be there for a particular date and file may not get generated.If both files are not getting generated then it is fine. But sometimes only one file will be generated and fork steps hangs indefenitely.So my entire design fails here.

Could someone thelp me in a better solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Lekshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to include a deadline and Exception Branch in a block....to know more check my replies in this almost similar thread:

Regards,

Abhishek.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have included a deadline and exception branch in my scenario and it seems to be working fine.Need to do some more testing in this regard.

But i have one doubt regarding this issue.In the transformation step i have used multi message mapping where i have mentioned the occurrence of both input messages as 1. I was expecting this scenario to throw an error at transformation step (since only one message was given as input )once i have made the changes but surprisingly it didnt happen.Could you pls tell me why this didnt happen..

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Picking data based on Date and Time is not recommended, because when your sender jdbc channel encouters some exception while connecting to Database, then this poll interval will skip so for this time interval data will never pick. So try change your where condition without time and date. Where condition with time and dates will be used mannually to check the data when ever we need.

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

You are using the fork step so it needs all inputs then only it process the messages further.

Now you have to kill that message (which is not having the data) when nothing data is there, for this you need to define the deadline time.

Based on the specific time it waits for input later it process the messages.

Regards

Ramesh