Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug Billing IDOC User Exit ZXEDFU02 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have wriiten the Billing IDOC User Exit ZXEDFU02. but whenerver i put the break-pint internal or external the debug does not get activated. i have gone thru many SDN messages but i am not able to debug the Billing IDOC user exit. the Transaction i am using is VF01.

pl. help.....

Regards,

Umesh

16 REPLIES 16

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You must block the queue. when the document is inbound, you can start the debug

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Put the break point and use WE19 tcode to post the IDOC.It will stop there.

Regards,

Sai Prasad

0 Kudos

I am not getting what u guys are suggesting. WE19 is for Re-processing the IDOC.

i want the debug to get set when i am triggering VF01 transaction. ?

can you pl. write step by step.

VivekG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check if you have created a project for user exit in SMOD and activated the same in CMOD. The control will not reach in your user exit until u create a project and activate it in CMOD.

If you have already done so then it means you have to search for another exit as this is not a suitable exit for you. Before implementing any exit put a break point and then test it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Vivek Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

In Order to debug the IDOC enhancement in outbound billing document you have to do following -

1. When output type is put in the billing document header , change the further processing to value (1 or 2), the value shouldn't be 4.

2. Now save the billing document, ( the output in above document should be in yellow - ready to process)

3. Now put break point in your code and then call program RSNAST00 and give value in selection parameter for - output type you have used, application is V3, object key ( billing document number), transmission number as 6 .... etc. Now execute the program it will stop in your code.

Hope this helps!

Harry

0 Kudos

hi Harry,

My User-exit is very much active... the code whatever i have written is working fine. But i want to know how to set-up a Break point & debug this Billing IDOC user Exit.

Regarding the Output type i cannot control this, since it is done by config automatically.

there must be some way of putting a break-point while creating Transaction VF01.

pl. help me...

Regards,

Umesh

0 Kudos

Before saving the billing document, activate the normal debugging mode using /h. Once the debugging is activated select the option "settings -> update debugging". Continue processing with F8. Then processing will be stopped at the breakpoint in

ZXEDFU02.

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Add a soft breakpoint or a coded break point in the include.

Now before you click on the save button in VF01 go to the output type screen, select the output type and click on further data - here change the value from send immediately - 4 to value 1, and then click on save.

Copy the newly generated Invoice number, as Mentioned by Harpreet execute RSNAST00 program and input the Output type, invoice number and execute.

Now it should stop in the userexit that you have coded.

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Dear Vinod,

I have tried the way you have explained. even i have put External Debug point still it is not stoping.

but i think the way you are saying that the correct way. may be we are missing some more steps.

can you pl. help me.....

the Option i am using after pressing /H is settings--> system Debugging On/Off

I am making sure that it is saving system Debugging activated.

Regards

Umesh

0 Kudos

Are you sure that code in your user exit is getting executed ?

0 Kudos

Yes... it is working as per my code what i have written in user-exit. but i want to know how to debug this, so that my future development will be easy.

0 Kudos

Try to put the statment breakpoint <userid> in your abap code. In the similiar scenario, (idoc during delivery creation)

I have used update debugging to check the code. Unfortunately I am not able to check the user exit mentioned by you.

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Ideally if your enhancement project is active then the control should stop at the break-point in the include.

Just try putting break point with break <user id> and see if the controlis stopping there(As if the controlis going through ur code then it should definitely stop at the break point.

Thanks,

Vivek Gupta

VivekG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Which method are you using to trigger this INVOIC idoc?? I guess its message control which is driven through an output type.

You need to get this configured in NACE by giving o/p type so that when ever u create a billing document automatically through this o/p type idoc is triggered. Once idoc is triggered while creating billing document, the control will stop at the break point in include.

I am sure now idoc is not triggered and hence the control is not stopping at the BP.

Thanks,

Vivek Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vivek,

Idoc is getting generated. Even whatever changes i have done those are also getting populated.

I am using VF01 transaction only. I cannot do NAST00 & all.

i have tried putting Break <user id>. still it is not working.

Pl. help.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Umesh,

I met the same problem as you and finally found the reason was because the outboud IDOC was calling background.

So you could use VF31 to run your foreground, then the break-point will all work.

The parameters are the one used in your billing for output type.

Output type

Transmission medium

Sort order

Processing mode must be 2

Hopefully this thread could be closed.

Regards

David