cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email SAP Connect Issue

0 Kudos

Hi

Im working on a scenario where I got to trigger email alerts to external email ID.

I know there are 100's of posts in this forum on this, I was going thru each and every on for the last couple of days but nothing really helped to solve my problem.

The problem is in SOST I see these status

Status txt: Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

I have checked almost all setting like

1. In SCOT (View--> systemstatus) under the node INT, there is a sub-node SMTP and inside it I have defined the mail host (ip address of mail server),mail port (25). Then in the "supported address type" I have checked the option "Internet" and inside that I have defined *, ., *dmartindia.com and "output formats of SAP Documet" are PDF, HTM, TXT and TXT)

2. Then is SCOT (Settings --> defaultdomain) defined the default domain as @dmartindia.com

3. In SCOT (View-->Jobs) I see a Job defined by the name "SAPCONNECT ALL S" under that node I see two subnodes. Everytime I try to trigger an email it goes NOT into the above mentioned node but into another node called "In dialog" ERROR.

(I would like to know if the job schedule is for the email or for something else. where to check it)

4. In SMICM ( GOTO --> sevices) I can see the Portocol "SMTP" but the Service Port is "25000" and the host name is referring to the PI server host name. (?? is this correct)

5. In SICF I have checked all the necessary nodes are active.

6. I am able to telent email server from my PI server Via port 25.

Can you pls tell me where I would have gone wrong. Is it in the step 3 which I actually do not understand. or something else.

Im stuck up at the client site I would appreciate if some one can guide me through.

Thanks

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Check this link in thomas reply

Are you getting the normal alerts to RWB alert inbox?

if yes and all the settings are done properly then check the corresponding user id having the email configuration in the SU01 transaction. (we give the user id in the Alertcatdef t-code, but that user id is having a mail id or not that we have to check in the SU01).

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (0)