Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Messages

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to sort different messages and process it in sequence.....say for instance, PI recevies messages in the following order:

A

C

D

B

and the messages are to be sorted and processed to sender as follows:

A

B

C

D

As far i had experienced i had not seen sorting of incoming messages in PI. Any thoughts/help on this pls?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

If A,B,C,D are different interfaces, then there is no way you can sort them and send in sequence as required.

But yes, using BPM you can achieve this !

Also, try if you can ask source application side, if they can provide in the required sequence.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

If A,B,C,D are completely independent asynch interfaces, then you cant do it. The only way I fathom is using a BPM to sequence it.

P.S: How are you? Its been a long time. PM me when you get some free time

Thanks

Jai

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont know of any normal process which can sort message in XI/ PI....but using BPM you can (receive and then) send the messages in the sequence in which you want.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here A B C D are different interfaces !!!

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> here A B C D are different interfaces !!!

Cant we collect different interfaces in a BPM and send them to the target system(s) in the sequence that we want?...or did I miss on any part

I do not know how in a normal case we can do it (in PI).....except by using a BPM.....or ultimately your sender has to make sure that it sends the message in A B C D order using an EOIO and then PI sends them accordingly.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello jai...gud to hear from u....

well guys, the message can be configured as one interface....yet in BPM with multiple recv steps (for A B C D) how do u really sort the seuqnce and send.....

sorry i missed to provide some insgiht on the issue:

A- GR

B- Adjustments

C- GI

D- GR etc

From source the message will be sent as above and the middleware (not PI) may process in different seq and send to PI. here in PI we wish to sort the seq as originally sent by sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>.yet in BPM with multiple recv steps (for A B C D) how do u really sort the seuqnce and send.....

Simple. Use a fork with 4 branches. One each for A,B,C and D. Use start process for all rcv steps.

Once you get all the files, use 4 send steps (not in parallel) sequentially which ensures the order os maintained.

Regards

Jai

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well agreed....but consider the case...the source of the message is A, B, C, D and in between the source and PI there is yet another system B which transmist the message to PI. There is a possibility of the message sent by B as follows:

B, A , D , C . In this case PI needs to send the the sequence A, B, C, D. and it is not always A, B, C, D to be sent by source. It can be also like B, D

It is typically not same kind of message type sent by source....it involves different message type sent.

Ps: Message will be sent in batches from source to system B

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jus the real case here.....

Sender sends as follows:

1-GR

2-GI

3-Adjustments

4-GR

5-Adjustments

6-GI